Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

1st to hit us soil...

Got a new shipment of goodies boys's & girls. Due to the Price inflation of a lot of the Japanese spec products i thought this would be the best time to stock up...And thought this would be the end as well.. SInce im fortunate to have a few friends in this industry to look out for me and Give me a heads up on whats gonna get discontinued and whats gonna go up i thought I'd make this my goodbye to the EP build and just collect the parts I always wanted and say Goodbye..

SO first I called Kingmotorsports to get me this Cage for HIN. Scott then told me theres no way he could get it to me in less than a month since this is a oversize Item and would take over 2 months since it would sit on a boat. Then told me it wouldnt fit the USDM EP's w out major modifications. Laughed INside as i know all about fabrication since this is what kept me going.. SO thought Hmmm 2 months i cant go to this show w out having everything i wanted. Thought about it went to a few sources. Next thing got a text from my Mugen SOurce "I can get u the Cage in 2 weeks via air freight might cost you a arm and leg just give me the OK and it will get done" replied and he then Called M-tec Japan and was told that this would be the 1st Mugen Race Cage made by the Honda ONe Make Race Asscociation to be Sent to the U.S. so if ne of you have seen 1 please let me know so i can call them out on it. =)

Got a bunch of other crap but this is pretty much what made me start this thread again. Felt like it was the missing puzzle to my collection... and here it is.

None of this would be Possible w out the blessed few i have in this industry to Help me make this all work, Including Jeff Miller From JMI Motoring and Sean @ Status Racing. Waiting for the FIA'd 1 Of Kevlar seats to be made to accomadate the interior.

[IMG]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm237/HUR1CNE/mugencage-1.jpg
    pict taken from my Mugen catalog

[IMG]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm237/HUR1CNE/hungcage3.jpg

Making sure everything fits like it was made to fit like factory using all OEm components such as Headliner and Carpet... even if it meant cuttin up a 4digit roll cage...

MOre than enough work for 1 day but it wasnt enough Wanted this bar to fit as well...but before couple parts had to be relocated and tossed.

More Mugen now need CTR Rails HELP!!!

NOw here to random parts that came w the shipment and installed
    bought 2 Arc Boxes 1 to send to get Polished to match the bars.. along w another Bumper to mate w future airwalker since its my only lip i dont have in the collection.

Custom Titanium ARC plate to match Ti SPark plug cover and other ARC crap

2 sets of spoon calipers might do something creative w the other 1 to match new wheels that come or might just go on the fit...

And stay Tuned for Future Projects..

Taking Delivery of My little sisters first car and stick, had to drive it home that day for her since she didnt know how to drive it yet. and also now a sibbling of the ep and motivation

NOthing like ripping apart a car w under 20 miles and no plates yet

THen her comes post surgery pictures of the transplant of the old heart

then the new....

Gotta give Joe and Bill a Run for there money! StAy TunED!
    Last edited by HUR1CNE; 07-20-2008 at 02:36 PM.

wow that is gonna look nasty in ur EP. Does it disassemble for installation?

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar

thats gonna sting if ya have a wreck.

nice dude shit looks good

Unless your car is a track whore, you just wasted a shitload of money to break your neck in the event of a wreck.

Best of luck with that. Car looks fantastic, though.

wow very nice mods !!

Thats a great looking cage and car. Lots of interesting parts you have there and everything looks fun. I do agree with cow though in the cage thing....you should not be driving around with a roll cage out there on the streets, so please be careful.

Your car is screaming for the race track. Get out of HIN and get onto a race track - there aren't enough EP's out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by na14yu View Post
    Thats a great looking cage and car. Lots of interesting parts you have there and everything looks fun. I do agree with cow though in the cage thing....you should not be driving around with a roll cage out there on the streets, so please be careful.

Your car is screaming for the race track. Get out of HIN and get onto a race track - there aren't enough EP's out there!!
    Thanks for the concern fella's Yea no worries havent driven this car in months its just the joy of attaining these parts and the treassure hunt for me. Why i said goodbye to the EP as in parts after HIN, wanted to just collect the parts I always wanted growing up in the scene that i couldnt attain. Also wanted to do what couldnt be done ie "that wont fit its not made for that car" "you wont be able to use that bar theres no way w the resevoirs and lines in the way".. Probly gonna store it w a cover after and get on w life. Take to a few track events, enjoy it for what It is and move on w life. HOnestly i only like driving this car on days i feel like. Stiff, Loud, noisy gotta worry where u park... Yea not really the best choice to drive in when your trying to go out and just enjoy dinner and a movie w a lady...
    Last edited by HUR1CNE; 07-19-2008 at 09:16 AM.

Amen to the last two sentences. It was a bit of a bittersweet relief when my EP was totalled.

myspace.com/avenida PayneSkillet's Avatar
    wow you sure spent a boat load of money

Quote Originally Posted by PayneSkillet View Post
    wow you sure spent a boat load of money
    Yea buying everything twice isnt cheap. Then on top of that sending the 1 u bought just to get Polished... or painted.

Last edited by HUR1CNE; 07-19-2008 at 09:56 AM.

May wind Oct. rain
    Ha ha ha ha. Mel is the man! I thought about moving the reservoir forward too to fit the strut bar, but never felt like doing it. The guy that got you the cage can probably get you the CTR rails. The last time me and Dom check, it was $400USD from the factory in Japan. You can also call a custom fabricator to fab up the seat rails for you.

May wind Oct. rain
    BTW, this is the first Mugen cage I've seen for the EP3, but I have seen it on a DC5.

Wow, you are a total and complete baller. It seriously blows my mind that you have TWO sets of Spoon calipers. I mean hell, I'm STILL waiting on my ARC intake box to arrive. Whatever you do for a living, please let me know what kind of degrees I'll be needing.

Just curious on two things:

How did you go about relocating your reservoirs to make the Mugen strut bar fit?

and

What's the rest of your brake set up like? Lines, rotors etc.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Strife; 07-19-2008 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Wow, you are a total and complete baller. It seriously blows my mind that you have TWO sets of Spoon calipers. I mean hell, I'm STILL waiting on my ARC intake box to arrive. Whatever you do for a living, please let me know what kind of degrees I'll be needing.
    NO degree's sir just a passion and dedication..

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information