Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mugen Twin Loop

Mugen Twin Loop

Ok here's the deal. I have some spare cash that I really want to get rid of...since I have a stock exhaust right now and I was considering getting a new one anyways...i was really thinking about buying the mugen twin loop.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/categ...at=6&pagenum=2

If I do buy this...Is there anything else I need to buy?? and...I I do put in the jrsc...is this going to affect it?? I'm kinda dumb when it comes to this sort of thing...I'm good at writing checks tho;)
    Last edited by Mr_Safeway; 10-03-2008 at 01:02 AM.

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beckhamowns7 View Post
    Ok here's the deal. I have some spare cash that I really want to get rid of...since I have a stock exhaust right now and I was considering getting a new one anyways...i was really thinking about buying the mugen twin loop.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/categ...at=6&pagenum=2

If I do buy this...Is there anything else I need to buy?? and...I I do put in the jrsc...is this going to affect it?? I'm kinda dumb when it comes to this sort of thing...I'm good at writing checks tho;)
    its complete. thats all you need. showoffcivic i believe has this exhaust so does redbaronsi....i think they both have it. they'll be here shortly

May wind Oct. rain
    You would need a DC5 Type S or Type R spec header or headers.

all righty...quick update...let me get some input here...i was considering...rather than getting the jrsc which i only plan on running 7psi...that i would get a turbo kit and run that at 7 psi. would the mugen twin loop still be effective? or would i need to go with something with a wider exhaust like the greddy evo2??

Just do it...

Mugen FTW!

OK OK!! I am going to buy it!! However...I am clueless on the extra stuff I need to buy for it. I want to buy mugen products. I know on king they have the twin loop and that is where I'm going to buy it. And what is the header I need? And since I am going to be buying some pretty serious exhaust stuff is there anything else that I might as well buy?? I am really lost when it comes to this sort of thing. If anyone can provide some links that would be really really helpful.

~Paul

you just need a header that is desgined for an rsx-s or type r
    an rsx spec BCRH would work or any header and downpipe thats for an rsx.
    if you're going turbo you'd probably need some modification to make the turbo manifold and downpipe the right length.
    if you are going turbo you'd probably want a bigger exhaust because you want as little pressure behind the turbo so that it can spin faster.
    if you got the super charger the issue is just exhaust as a bottle neck for the engine, as opposed to being restrictive to the spooling of the turbo.

well...i'm not sure. Today when I logged onto to do some research etc. I saw the new thing about the new supercharger that is going to be available for the k series. before i saw that I was going to go turbo. But I want to run a turbo at 7psi. Not too much. So if I am going to run a psi that isn't that high is a big exhaust really necessary?

the thing is its not about how much boost pressure you're running.
    You could run 7 psi with any sized exhaust
    the turbo will flow better with a larger exhaust and it will spool up faster with a larger exhaust
    so you can make more power on lower boost and have less turbo lag.
    The mugen twin loop would be fine, you could run a turbo with a stock exhaust, its just a question of how efficient you want you're system to be.

In my opinion you shouldn't turbocharge a car that you aren't willing to perform routine maintenance on, sometimes more than once a week.
    It can be quite the task to keep a turbo car in good running order, so if you are having these sorts of questions about the exhaust you may want to stick to a supercharger.

You can run 7psi with the smaller pulley and have power on tap whenever you want with no lag. The torque curve is usually very very good and flat with no weak spots with a supercharger. Not to mention the reliability is usually much greater.

All righty...so here is the the thing...I think i'm gonna stick with the mugen twin loop. I want to buy a really good jdm header does mugen make one?? I want to go with that as much as i can. Money doesn't really make too much of a difference. I have a pretty decent job and food is optional as far as I'm concerned^_^ btw I appreciate the input. Helps me out a lot. Did you have any knowledge of the Kraftwerks Performance Supercharger Kit? It says it is for K series engines. So does that mean that it will fit in the ep3 quite easily or should I go with a jrsc??

you'll probably have more support from other people if you go with a JRSC cause most people have them.
    Kraftwerks owns JRSC but you may be talking about the one with the rotex(rotrex?) supercharger which I hear is really really good, but I believe you have to sacrifice the A/C for that one.
    You would probably do just fine with the JRSC
    If mugen does make a header i've never seen it or heard of it.

I'm not sure how strict WA is about emissions and stuff, but if its bad you probably wouldn't want to get a race header although you could get a highflow catalytic converter welded in so you can pass emissions.

If you want a "jdm" header, buddy club makes headers but I hear many people saying the fitment isn't great.
    if you do get it i'd just go with the OEM integra type r header
    it'll look like this when you get it all

Yeah I had seen that pic from another thread. I have no clue on how strict WA st is about emissions...there's a lot of hippies up here who love the earth and plastic grocery bags are sin...so who knows. If i were to get this set up (mugen and itr header) is it easy for me to set up myself? or will this require installation as well? I'm not the most technical kind of guy but i know how to use wrenches. Do u have a link for the ITR header?
    Last edited by Mr_Safeway; 07-24-2008 at 10:11 PM.

You can usually get ITR headers on K20a.org or on icbmotorsport.com, but you might just want to get a DC5 spec header from another manufacturer for cheaper that flows better than the stock headers (DC, Jackson Racing, etc.)

Thumbs up

It's really not the money that matters. I want something that sounds good. (not too loud) and makes pretty good power to go along with the mugen twin loop. So I've decided on definitely getting the twin loop but I want to make sure i get really good quality headers. And I really have no clue on what to look for. If you guys can provide links to the product or item #'s that I can search online for that would definitely help me out the most. All of this information is really helpful tho:)

I used to say that the buddy club was quality, but yea, the fitment appears to be pretty sub-par thus far. T1R maybe? I think they make a nice header, at least one was in development last time I checked

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information