Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mugen Twin Loop

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    you'll probably have more support from other people if you go with a JRSC cause most people have them.
    Kraftwerks owns JRSC but you may be talking about the one with the rotex(rotrex?) supercharger which I hear is really really good, but I believe you have to sacrifice the A/C for that one.
    You would probably do just fine with the JRSC
    If mugen does make a header i've never seen it or heard of it.

I'm not sure how strict WA is about emissions and stuff, but if its bad you probably wouldn't want to get a race header although you could get a highflow catalytic converter welded in so you can pass emissions.

If you want a "jdm" header, buddy club makes headers but I hear many people saying the fitment isn't great.
    if you do get it i'd just go with the OEM integra type r header
    it'll look like this when you get it all
    HEY! THATS MINE!!!

If you have any questions on this exhaust, i can answer each and every one of them...

i love my exhaust, its one of the best investments ive made in my car IMO...and i also think it flows pretty well

I did a 100% OEM install on the system, so ive figured the ins and outs...well except the 02 sensor, but all that needed was one o2 extension off clubrsx...though 2 extensions wouldnt hurt...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by AliG-EP3 View Post
    You can usually get ITR headers on K20a.org or on icbmotorsport.com, but you might just want to get a DC5 spec header from another manufacturer for cheaper that flows better than the stock headers (DC, Jackson Racing, etc.)
    i should mention that i cant imagine that the RHs flow much better than an ITR header, the primaries are i think big, the secondaries are bigger, and the cat is 5 inches flow through to a 2.25 collector, it does very well...ITR is atleast better than the type s or a shorty...thats for sure, but stock ep3 cat sucks, get the stock header off if you are going with a nice exhaust
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    HEY! THATS MINE!!!

If you have any questions on this exhaust, i can answer each and every one of them...

i love my exhaust, its one of the best investments ive made in my car IMO...and i also think it flows pretty well

I did a 100% OEM install on the system, so ive figured the ins and outs...well except the 02 sensor, but all that needed was one o2 extension off clubrsx...though 2 extensions wouldnt hurt...
    looks like your gonna be my new best friend:) I really wanna get this set up. Can you explain the o2 sensor business for me?

and like Alie G advised me below...is this gonna be a good header?

http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/pro...cat=112&page=2

would everything bolt up onto my stock everything else? and then the mugen exhaust would bolt onto that?

Quote Originally Posted by AliG-EP3 View Post
    I used to say that the buddy club was quality, but yea, the fitment appears to be pretty sub-par thus far. T1R maybe? I think they make a nice header, at least one was in development last time I checked
    Thanks. T1R looks reallly nice.

i should mention that i cant imagine that the RHs flow much better than an ITR header, the primaries are i think big, the secondaries are bigger, and the cat is 5 inches flow through to a 2.25 collector, it does very well...ITR is atleast better than the type s or a shorty...thats for sure, but stock ep3 cat sucks, get the stock header off if you are going with a nice exhaust
    Oh I have complete faith in the Type R exhaust pieces, it's just the prices that they fetch / somewhat rare status makes them less desirable in my view to brand new, easily acquirable pieces (such as certain US made RH's that are DC5 spec)

ok...i bought 2 of these:

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/CLU-O2EXT-p-EXO2.html

I hope this is what you were talking about...

could i use...

could i use these two products together?

http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/pro...cat=112&page=1

http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/pro...cat=112&page=1

also...which is important...i need to be able to pass emissions...

sorry to keep being a post-ho...but...how about this product??

effin expensive...but mugen...

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Muge...-Euro-R-53698#

last one is sweet. comes with a cat

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by EPSU3 View Post
    last one is sweet. comes with a cat
    so...if it comes with a cat...emissions shouldn't be a problem for me right?? "fingers crossed"

Quote Originally Posted by beckhamowns7 View Post
    so...if it comes with a cat...emissions shouldn't be a problem for me right?? "fingers crossed"
    well that depends. that set up is designed for japanese emissions, might be too much for your state or local laws. I know it would pass in pa as long as you don't hav a CEL and they can see the cat, but not sure about your state.

we're obd2 so they dont use a sniffer in our cars
    they check for a cat and plug that thing up, atleast in tennessee, so if you have a cat you should pass, regaurdless of if its a japanese one or not.
    I say go with the spoon and get a cat welded in or bolt in or whatever, the mugen price is sorta =\.
    but if you really WANT mugen go with that, I just dont think it'll be any better than the spoon one

ok...I am going to buy the Mugen Exhaust manifold tonight...unless there is someone who tells me not to buy it because it wont work on my car...I'm really worried that I'm going to spend 2k on a part and not have it fit...so...if anyone wants to calm my nerves...i would really appreciate it...

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Muge...-Euro-R-53698#

That mugen header is a ripoff imo. You could buy a SSR or Hytech header for almost half that price and just weld on a high flow cat. Getting a Hytech twin loop muffler would also be cheaper. If I remember correctly the piping on the mugen exhaust bottlenecks somewhat. You could spend all that money on something that would give you more power, but it's your call. I guess for some people being JDM is worth throwing money away.

ok...i just ordered the mugen twin loop!!!

now I just need to get the right header...I want the mugen one really bad....

do u guys have insight on how loud the header will make it?? I don't want a really loud car...just one the hums really nicely:)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information