Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mugen Twin Loop

You should call a local state government office and ask them about emissions and get some necessary information. That way you'll be able to pick up a header that will suite your needs to be carb legal.

Considering money isn't a factor I'd say pick up that Mugen header. It looks absolutely gorgeous, however, Japan has different laws regarding emissions and the Mugen header may not be good enough.

I do believe that Japan requires every car to have a catalytic converter for street driving. So there's a nice selection of high flow cats there that can keep you carb legal in Japan. You may be able to source a high flow cat that was made in a way that could help you pass emissions in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    You should call a local state government office and ask them about emissions and get some necessary information. That way you'll be able to pick up a header that will suite your needs to be carb legal.

Considering money isn't a factor I'd say pick up that Mugen header. It looks absolutely gorgeous, however, Japan has different laws regarding emissions and the Mugen header may not be good enough.

I do believe that Japan requires every car to have a catalytic converter for street driving. So there's a nice selection of high flow cats there that can keep you carb legal in Japan. You may be able to source a high flow cat that was made in a way that could help you pass emissions in the states.
    Interesting...thank you for the help...I just have to wait about 2 more weeks of paychecks for the header...then I will be set and ready to go...just waiting for the parts to arrive:) Do u have any knowledge of the noise level of adding the mugen header?

Quote Originally Posted by beckhamowns7 View Post
    Interesting...thank you for the help...I just have to wait about 2 more weeks of paychecks for the header...then I will be set and ready to go...just waiting for the parts to arrive:) Do u have any knowledge of the noise level of adding the mugen header?
    I've never known anyone with the Mugen header, to be honest I didn't even know of a website selling them until I came accross this thread.

I can speculate that the Mugen header may be as loud as any other aftermarket header. It seems the Mugen header has a catalytic converter, which will help with noise levels. Race headers tend to be louder as they delete the cat.

I'm sure the Mugen header and Mugen Twin Loop will sound BEAUTIFUL together, Mugen probably engineered them to be used together.

All right. I will go with the mugen header...and hope it isn't too loud. I will keep you guys updated if you would like:) I wonder why you haven't seen or heard of the mugen header...I would think that mugen parts would be pretty well known...

i like alot

All right. I will go with the mugen header...and hope it isn't too loud. I will keep you guys updated if you would like:) I wonder why you haven't seen or heard of the mugen header...I would think that mugen parts would be pretty well known...
    to expensive thats why LOL!!! ... hey post up a vid once you get it done... also are you swapped???

i love mugen as much as the next guy, but 2400 header and 1200 exahust? Thats 4k after shipping and stuff. Hell thats a motor swap. Why not get SSR header that will actually net you some gains and put the extra 1200 towards kpro and most of the tuning costs?

Don't get me wrong, I knew the Mugen header existed. I just don't know anybody who owns it as most of my friends (including myself) are struggling to even put food in our mouths. Times are hard, just maybe not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    to expensive thats why LOL!!! ... hey post up a vid once you get it done... also are you swapped???
    I am stock with a AEM V2. and some extra lovin.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I knew the Mugen header existed. I just don't know anybody who owns it as most of my friends (including myself) are struggling to even put food in our mouths. Times are hard, just maybe not for you.
    oh...I run a grocery store...that kinda helps me...with the money and the food department;)

Quote Originally Posted by BaLisTek View Post
    i love mugen as much as the next guy, but 2400 header and 1200 exahust? Thats 4k after shipping and stuff. Hell thats a motor swap. Why not get SSR header that will actually net you some gains and put the extra 1200 towards kpro and most of the tuning costs?
    do u have a link you could show me of the ssr header? maybe i will change my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by BaLisTek View Post
    It doesn't have a cat on it...i think i will go with the mugen because of the ease of already have the cat on it...

and...It's effing mugen:)

do u have a link you could show me of the ssr header? maybe i will change my mind...
    Here are the gains I seen going from the old JRrh(comparable to the Mugen rh) to a ceramic coated SSR header.

And for what you pay for the Mugen header, you could have a full custom exhaust with top line components. The Mugen products available to the public are for slightly below middle of the road performance and power gains(that keeps the jap enviro cops off their ass). The Homegrown American performance aftermarket are far beyond that performance level for significantly less money, especially at the current exchange rates.

I do like the performance gains from the Mugen oil cap.

And then I added a Hytech loop muffler and a platinum highflow cat and made significantly more power.

Last edited by talonXracer; 07-27-2008 at 12:44 PM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

thats true, i can't remember his name but someone has this header with a highflow cat welded on. Either way you go you will be happy, its just more cost effective to get kpro out the deal too with the same money spent. but, its your car and well both routes will work. Congrats on the mugen exhaust, I will eventually buy it also ( with a ssr header too )

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information