Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    well mainly 9k.....9500 will be a rare occurance lol...but it could happen lol
    Ehhh im sure 9500 could be touched once or twice running down the 1/4!

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    glad to see you chose 12.5. now we wont see your boost wishs anymore. cant wait to see a video of you running agaist a boost a3 ep. that will be sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by illusionsoflife View Post
    glad to see you chose 12.5. now we wont see your boost wishs anymore. cant wait to see a video of you running agaist a boost a3 ep. that will be sexy.
    oo yea....and i kno someone with a rev hard ep....runnin 10psi....it is a stage 2 rev hard....but im curious i can already take MOST s/c a3's...not all...but the two i've run from a roll i beat

sweet build thread man! Did you ever call up Skunk2 with your cam issues? They are known to be very good with customer service..They should take care of you on that one. Also I don't know if you have purchased pistons yet, but I see you chose the 12.5:1 CP's, I have the same one but I'm bored out to 87.5mm.

If you're still on the hunt for pistons, call up James @ IPG Parts in Orlando. He's one of the largest CP distributors, he hooked me up large on my pistons.

hmmm thanks for the heads up. and yea, when i had those skunk2 cam issues i called skunk2 and dealt with Tony. good guys...they hooked me up.

if this is going to be your DD motor, then I can understand the H beams, which is what I went with. But if its a weekend/race motor, then why not go with lighter rods?

oo yea its def my DD lol. thats why i went with them

Glad to hear your build is coming along Sam. I'm rockin the I-beam rods with CP 12.5 on a daily driven K24. Close to 6K miles on it, some track time and a shit load of 8500 reving...still going strong lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kon View Post
    Glad to hear your build is coming along Sam. I'm rockin the I-beam rods with CP 12.5 on a daily driven K24. Close to 6K miles on it, some track time and a shit load of 8500 reving...still going strong lol.

What oil pump are you using if you don't mind me asking? I would like to set my redline around 8500 as well and just wanting to know if a oem type s pump will suffice? thanks

yea the a2 is supposed to be good to 8800-9000 i believe

Make sure you order the latest PRB oil pump, use the part# from the 06'typeS.
    Also remember that if you are adding a set of cams and high spring rate valve springs as well, that the oil pressure at the #5 cam cap is only 3-4psi at idle when fully warmed up. No wheres near enough pressure to prevent abnormal wear. Several Kseries have been showing up at the shop lately and the heads needed to be replaced due to non-symmetrical camshaft bore wear.

High lift springs and cams(like Junk2) will greatly shorten the lifespan as there is enough spring pressure and ramp rate to overcome the oil pressure. This causes the cams to ride against the aluminum cam shaft bores and wear very quickly. This accelerated bore wear now causes the cams to rock in the bores, wearing the chain, sprockets and bores even more.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 08-19-2008 at 06:16 AM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    well what springs and cams would be better for that type of wear symtom. I am planning on builing an a2 as well when the right opportunity comes along and would love to know this.

just stay away from skunk2 stuff. i haven't had any issues really with their valve springs and my honda cams tho. the recent tct failure i had wasn't due to the valve train.

why not some I beam rods??? arent they a better choice for N/A motors?

Im sure it has something to do with you already having them. Just seems to be a little more safe to rev higher on N/A parts

its my dd and i have heard from a few knowledgable sources the the h-beams are better for a daily driven car that experiences "cold" weather etc

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information