Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ephatch member
    Ever think to change the CAT, I had cat below efficiency threshold code, which triggered primary O2 sensor. I changed the cat and it fixed that.

If you changed the o2 and still getting code then time to move to the cat.

You can get Cats cheap, if used. Then sell your old one at a scrap yard for 150-185 bucks. I changed the cat at about 120xxx.

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    The previous discussion was about the primary O2 sensor. A bad catalytic converter would throw a totally different code, P0420.

what if it's only because you changed your header to a race header?

Quote Originally Posted by fastest_ex View Post
    almost anything
    For a first post, that was pretty useless...

Quote Originally Posted by 15000rpms View Post
    what if it's only because you changed your header to a race header?
    Usually that trips a P0420 (the ECU thinks the catalytic converter is going bad). Do the DIY secondary O2 spacer (not on the primary, on the secondary!) and that normally will prevent the P0420 whether you have Kpro or not. I believe you can disable OBD-II in Kpro and it will also ignore a P0420, but I'm not entirely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    i did the diy cel reader and its flashing 5 blinks=4 slow 1 fast which read = bad sensor as done from k-series.com

http://k-series.com/tech_document.php?id=37\

and here is the list of codes

http://k-series.com/dtc.html

im getting number 41 hence the 4 slow and 1 fast blinks, which all point to the primary but i switched that primary out and i even replaced the harness because my original harness was busted
    Why don't you just go to any Advance Auto/Auto Zone/ and read you codes and have them printed up FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!?????????? Or you can keep counting blinks. Just ask to borrow their OBD2 scanner.

Or just but the sensor. They are pretty pricey though. I bought mine from Honda. $311.00 I'm sure you can find it cheaper. Look on www.oxygensensors.com. They have a walker for 152 and a Denso for 207.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Or just but the sensor. They are pretty pricey though. I bought mine from Honda. $311.00 I'm sure you can find it cheaper. Look on www.oxygensensors.com. They have a walker for 152 and a Denso for 207.
    He said he already swapped the primary, so buying another one is like pissing into the wind. The correct thing to do is to get the DTCs read first, instead of blowing money away on something that has already been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    so somethings up with my primary o2 sensor and i was wondering if kpro could just get rid of that cel
    instead off all that just tun off the "obd2 sensors"(i think been a while) it is under one of the tabs wont affect the car at all and it is way less headaches trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by jblanco325 View Post
    instead off all that just tun off the "obd2 sensors"(i think been a while) it is under one of the tabs wont affect the car at all and it is way less headaches trust me.
    Disabling OBD2 will not ignore a DTC from the primary O2 sensor, only the secondary O2 sensor. Go back and read the thread, you will find that j0000stin was talking about the primary.

o sorry jk
    ya i just skimmed over it my bad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information