Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K24a4

K24a4

So I have gotten a good deal on a a4 but it seems as though there is more to this swap then I know. I know there is a coolant issue I was under the impression all I had to change was the water pump housing, is there more that needs to be done. Also I belive there is a header issue so my question here is can I run the DCRH without a front sway or will the header not fit either way? I also know about having to get a crv drivers side mount and 310cc injectors. Am I frogetting anything or does this sound about right? I just want to make sure I have everything I need to minimize downtime.

you need the housing of the ep's engine, the crv mount, and some people have issue witht he sway i didnt but i took my front sway off it made the car handle better (but what do i know) any sensors that dont fit can be taken from the ep and i belive the crank sensor is also one that must be swapped. you can use an ep3 intake manifold(i like it loads better) but you have to tap the head and use fitting to direct the coolant out of the head

could you get me a pic of what you tapped? if not I understand but any help here would be greatly appreacated as this will be my first import swap.

when you take the intake manifold off and bolt up an ep3 mani you will notice that on the drivers side the intake doesnt cover up those 2 holes anymore, the one thats perfectly round right next to the manifold flange needs tapped its .550 of an inch so that will help determine the tap you need for the flange you use, i used a regular old pipe fitting and it works fine

ephatch member
    wait hold on Trav, when is this going to take place? I'm moving back to Auburn next weekend! If this is done then I can't wait for a match up at MMP. You still getting k-pro or planning on running the stock ecu for a while? If k-pro then I'll definitely lose.

haha your gonna lose either way! But to answer your question no time soon I have to get everything together before I even start to pull my car apart so I would expect this will be a winter project. I belive k-pro will be my mothod of engine management.

ephatch member
    so i'm guessing you'll keep the spray on. Then I don't stand a chance, haha. Well hopefully this is an early winter project. My time in Alabama is limited.

yeah I'm keeping the spray. When you getting back I have a race setup next Friday at Lagrange with a 95 stang.

Quote Originally Posted by ALep3 View Post
    So I have gotten a good deal on a a4 but it seems as though there is more to this swap then I know. I know there is a coolant issue I was under the impression all I had to change was the water pump housing, is there more that needs to be done. Also I belive there is a header issue so my question here is can I run the DCRH without a front sway or will the header not fit either way? I also know about having to get a crv drivers side mount and 310cc injectors. Am I frogetting anything or does this sound about right? I just want to make sure I have everything I need to minimize downtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fico View Post
    you need the housing of the ep's engine, the crv mount, and some people have issue witht he sway i didnt but i took my front sway off it made the car handle better (but what do i know) any sensors that dont fit can be taken from the ep and i belive the crank sensor is also one that must be swapped. you can use an ep3 intake manifold(i like it loads better) but you have to tap the head and use fitting to direct the coolant out of the head

The header will clear the sway barely when jacked up but once you lower the car on the groun it will pivot out of the way with enough room so it wont bang on anything....however you can't use that RH without kpro or you will run lean. You can't have any boltons without kpro since the extra displacement of this engine makes more power and uses more fuel per mod.

You only have to swap the crank position sensor if it is the k24a2.

could you get me a pic of what you tapped? if not I understand but any help here would be greatly appreacated as this will be my first import swap.

thank you!

thank you!
    glad to help.

ps. 100 posts! time to sell some stuff.

haha how about that fitting it looks good

This is what you will want your head to look like.

Also you need to eliminate the EGR(use a blank plate from new Si) or plug the other port next to the coolant.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information