Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ephatch member
    thanks for the great write up, lots of pics, great instructions this is DIY at its best. Had my driverside channel replaced once under warrenty, now its time for a new one and i'm off warrenty, i'm totally tackling this myselfe thanks to this diy.

good diy i need to do this since i trashed mine with a coat hanger when i locked my keys in the car

Nice write up man.

I just did this for both doors today. Great write-up. Stoop hooked it up on the parts too! My window noise is gone!

Got mine done in the last hour of work...we were slow..lol. Only issue i had was 1 trying to find the holes to get at the bolts. I have my entire door pannel hushmatted, so i had to press and cut. Other than that, when i was trying to get the window back into place, it was a bit fussy. I used a bit of silicone spray on the seal where the window goes into and it goes up nice and smooth now.

I replaced both the passenger and driver side. Thanks for the DIY! It took my under 2 hours to do it and I'm so happy I have no wind blowing in and that my windows roll up/down without an issue! Thanks for DIY!

Also I painted all the silver plastic to Landau Black from SEM so i can add the CF overlays. Hell yeah!

Awesome write-up. Took all of 40 mins and solved my window problems. Thanks man.

just a note, since now im having to do mine again on the drivers side. When you install the glass again, according to the EP shop manual, it says you align the glass when re installing it. They say to keep the 2 bolts that hold the window in place on, but loose, and push the glass towards the rear of the door (towards the back of the car) and then tighten the bolts. Then check to make sure the window slides up smoothly. I didn't align mine properly after the install, and when I went to install my weather tech visors, they pinched the seal again.

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valo666 View Post
    just a note, since now im having to do mine again on the drivers side. When you install the glass again, according to the EP shop manual, it says you align the glass when re installing it. They say to keep the 2 bolts that hold the window in place on, but loose, and push the glass towards the rear of the door (towards the back of the car) and then tighten the bolts. Then check to make sure the window slides up smoothly. I didn't align mine properly after the install, and when I went to install my weather tech visors, they pinched the seal again.
    Hm, interesting. I didn't know there was much adjustment in the windows, I'll have to play around with that and see if I help lose my window rattling issue. I have yet to find a good solution for that problem.

I hate to sound like a smart ass, but I didn't have to remove the door panel to do mine. I'm a certified automotive mechanic and I have a little trick for you guys.

Simply pull your old ones out. If it gets tough, slide it back into place a little and pull again. To install the new ones, lubricate the entire moulding with silicone lubricant and slip it in. It might fight you a little going into place, that's when you spray a little more lube on it.

you probably could do it that way, but i would rather spend the extra 5 min to pull the door panel off and make sure there is no binding on the seal. I actually found with mine when i pulled it apart yesterday that the window was aligned properly, just i had some binding on the seal down in the door, so it was pushing the glass forward as it rolled up

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valo666 View Post
    you probably could do it that way, but i would rather spend the extra 5 min to pull the door panel off and make sure there is no binding on the seal. I actually found with mine when i pulled it apart yesterday that the window was aligned properly, just i had some binding on the seal down in the door, so it was pushing the glass forward as it rolled up
    Same. I've been told before that its unnecessary to remove the door panel & window, but its such an easy thing to do I don't know why you wouldn't.

Not Newbie
    Good DIY! Will come in handy at some point.

Both my channels are torn, I just put some 3m double sided tape in the channel as a temporary fix. This fixed it a little and helped a bit with the wind noise. Ideally some window weld or something to fill the gap would work much better.

Hate the fact that those stupid things are $30+ a piece and no matter what they'll eventually fail again and again. Seems like the channels are sized a hair too small which causes them to tear. When the window is rolled up they are pulled even tighter.

ephatch member
    my driver's side window was broken into and this is all torn up... with the window replaced, it struggles to close. a few days ago it totally came out of the track, and now today it wont roll up. will replacing this fix it? fuc...

yea it should if i remember how fucked up they were when i saw your car last, i would suggest replacing them. lemme know if you need a hand/wanna get it done.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information