Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ephatch member
    hey Bryan ... you didn't see my car when it got broken into; maybe another car? anyway it doesn't roll up properly and i had a friend help me guide it up into the tracks. fuck ... so pissed. i'm gonna order them soon and get it fixed. i'll probably do it on the weekend if it gets here fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Valo666 View Post
    yea it should if i remember how fucked up they were when i saw your car last, i would suggest replacing them. lemme know if you need a hand/wanna get it done.

i didn't but lemme know if you need a hand. send me a pm if you do.

Is this for when the window doesn't properly close when putting up? That's the problem I am having with the pass side

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post
    Is this for when the window doesn't properly close when putting up? That's the problem I am having with the pass side
    It's either the window channel bunching up/tearing of the actual window regulator piece that holds the window is getting loose. Both happen pretty commonly.. our window regs are pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post
    i'm having the same problem. How do you fix it?
    Last edited by Sucka; 07-15-2010 at 04:13 PM.

I think my passenger door reg shit itself. Does anyone know how to replace it or have a diy?

ephatch member
    Is the channel the reason why I get ridiculous amounts of wind noise on the highway?

I really need to do this.... My passenger side is all messed up and sometimes makes the motor work extra hard to get the window closed.... IF IT CLOSES AT ALL!.... LOL

Great write-up... will definitely be doing this soon.

question
    i took apart my friends lexus es300 door once to put in a new window and we just didnt bother putting his plastic back on seeing as how its just a thin papery plastic
    (must add he didnt care about his car at all)

I actually car about my ep so im wondering will the thin plastic go back onto the gooey stuff or will i need to reapply some kind of adhesive.

asking because i just bought passenger/driver window channels and i'm gonna replace my crapped out ones soon
    looks like the owner who had the car before me got broken into before. =[

i think its there to keep water out. you can put it back on using the old glue, but be carefull cus its hard to get that stuff off if its on your clothes or car.

Thanks so much for the DYI. I bought my ep3 a week ago and the channel was all torn to hell. I'm fairly certain that someone had broken the window breaking into the car previously as the track was messed up in certain places and the window was not original. Anyway, with the DIY my buddy and I were able to get it done in about 25 minutes. Thanks again!

hey, just want to say something different about the part number. I checked online, here:
    http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_parts_list.php?vin=&Label[ProductID]=CIVIC&Label[YearID]=2003&Label[DoorID]=3&Label[GradeID]=SI+%28SIDE+SRS%29&Label[AreaID]=KA&Label[TransmissionID]=5MT&Label[SectionID]=BODY+%2F+AIR+CONDITIONING&Label[IllustrationGroupID]=DOOR+WINDOWS&ProductID=4&YearID=21&DoorID=2&GradeID=456&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=3&SectionID=8&IllustrationGroupID=10228

I think it should be "5" and "10" on the pic. whose part number is : ( for me, the passenger side, right side) 72235-S5S-E01
    it is different from the number that someone replied in this thread. So now I am confused.

There are actually 2 parts each on that site. For mine, the '05, they have 2 parts for the left and 2 for the right, each a different price and each has been replaced by a new part number. Anyone know which is correct? :(

I need to do this !!!

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    I mean, in that diagram, they're all the same price. It really shouldn't matter at all what part # it is as long as you're getting the correct channel for the side you're replacing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information