Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

D3 V brace post your opinion

Just finished installing my D3 vb, didn't take to long kinda a pain in the ass getting the rear control arm bolts to go back in. but id have to say it makes the car handle not to much different to way different real quick.

I took the car out for a test drive after i installed the bar, took the first corner fine didnt notice a difference. the road cut back for the second turn felt like the cars rear followed really good. the road once again cuts in other direction for turn 3 and let me tell you i can now drift fwd. i was so not ready for that.

the v-brace is definitely a tough chassis brace.

the rear suspension really gets a firm grip on the car. i noticed a difference backing out of the garage.

can't believe i sold mine

any one have any experience with the car coming lose on a hi speed sweeping turn, im really concerned that the cars gonna spin out if i push it to hard on a long turn

no one else has this part?

player757, are you riding on stock suspension? was that lift throttle oversteer you were experiencing?

I had that happen alot with the progress 22mm sway and tie bar. Spun out 4 times within a week of the install and came within inches of a mailbox. It's really touchy when the backend is that stiff. This was with stock suspension btw.

so any other experiences?

Banned
    LOL at putting braces on a car with stock jello suspension bushings.....Just more bling with out doing the bushings imo....

i have tokico D specs on with H&R limited springs dropped about 2 in. im thinking about doing the bushing kit in the future

LOL.... having the back come out is fun.. I have megan coils with Tanabe sways and the back end comes out pretty easy but im used to it. I actually like it that way and wish it was a bit stiffer. I would rather have my ass come out then understeer. You can controll the car better that way imo.

-Rob

i completely agree i was doing some back road driving after my Dspecs went on and i under steered almost right into a pole at the last second i gained traction. its the scariest feeling turning and going straight

IHI O INI ID /A IE IP3 ep3_civic_si's Avatar
    i have it with with the mugen rear sway, i have only had that problem if my tires hasn't fully heated up, and with a 30psi setting. after my tires heat up i can def. tell that the bar is helping out.

I have the same suspension setup like you player757, but my car is too low when I had the V-Brace on so I took it off since I was scraping everytime I entered the new apartment. It's off for the school year, but I do notice a difference.

Hey player757 can I get a ride in your car? I am thinking of losing my buddyclub N+ and getting the D-specs and H&R springs. How do you like the setup?

Manufacturer
    BUMP!
    Summer is just about over and we still have these in stock. Unmatched performance!!

Dr. Design
    D3
    Dr. Design
    D3 Automotive Designs
    "Making EP3's Handle Better 1 race at a time."
    www.dthreedesigns.com
    310-428-7716

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information