Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tools for DCRH install

I remember before the site got cleaned up or what ever there was tons of these. I cant find one useful DIY thread on it. All i need to know is the tools needed to preform the install. everyone plus sizes. thanks

This should help http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43626

Since you'll be removing the cat too you'll need an O2 sensor socket to amke it easier on yourself. Plus you'll need an O2 sim or defouler to keep from throwing a CEL. And if your cat is anything like the rest of ours it is prolly rusted to the mid pipe. You'll either need a ton of pb blaster and a torch or just cut the bolts off and drill them out. And a donut gasket from the cat to the mid pipe.

Make sure you have the right size allen head wrench for removing the front swaybar.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobSassafrass View Post
    This should help http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43626

Since you'll be removing the cat too you'll need an O2 sensor socket to amke it easier on yourself. Plus you'll need an O2 sim or defouler to keep from throwing a CEL. And if your cat is anything like the rest of ours it is prolly rusted to the mid pipe. You'll either need a ton of pb blaster and a torch or just cut the bolts off and drill them out. And a donut gasket from the cat to the mid pipe.
    Everything is correct, except that there is no donut gasket between the cat and midpipe, but with the DCRH of course there is no longer a cat. There is a gasket, but a thin one with the three holes for the bolts to go through. I can't think of the correct name, most exhausts come with them or you can go to a place like advanced auto's and buy one, they usually come in packs of two. Either way it's an exhaust pipe/flange gasket.

Yeah your right its like this but looks a little different, you can reuse the one that you take out from the cat to the mid pipe.

Oh and I think I read somewhere that most people switch to the EM2 front sway to avoid issues of it hitting the DCRH.

what are the tool needed, wrenches, sockets???? i know the process but not the tool necessary to due it.

Quote Originally Posted by epblue05 View Post
    what are the tool needed, wrenches, sockets???? i know the process but not the tool necessary to due it.
    Just the basic tools... sockets, wrenches, rachet etc... I just forgot the sizes.

and jack/jackstands...

the sizes is what i really need to know tho

you don't have a complete socket set?

14mm, short extesion, long extension(for top bolt on collector)and o2 socket.
    go buy a set of allen wrenches i cant remember what size to put in the end of the endlink, and i think the bolt for the endlink is 14mm aswell has to be a wrench tho.

Quote Originally Posted by civsirmt View Post
    14mm, short extesion, long extension(for top bolt on collector)and o2 socket.
    go buy a set of allen wrenches i cant remember what size to put in the end of the endlink, and i think the bolt for the endlink is 14mm aswell has to be a wrench tho.
    Alright, thanks a lot

i dont think you need a new front sway. my jdm spoon raceheader cleared the oem usdm front sway no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jh604 View Post
    i dont think you need a new front sway. my jdm spoon raceheader cleared the oem usdm front sway no problem.
    i actually have the RH on now and it rattles sometimes. especially when the a/c is on. but nothing bad yano.

Quote Originally Posted by epblue05 View Post
    i actually have the RH on now and it rattles sometimes. especially when the a/c is on. but nothing bad yano.
    get the em2 front sway it clears the header easy, its only about 60 bucks at the dealer.

hows it handle tho, is it a downgrade from the stock ep front sway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information