Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EP3_U_SEE View Post
    where did you buy material???
    bought it off of clubep3, there's a guy selling the fabric there, already precut.

Quote Originally Posted by shivic View Post
    your final product looks good. have you had 100 degree days on the glue yet.
    i have had a bunch of hot days, and the fabric is holding strong

Quote Originally Posted by Yo_KyleEP3 View Post
    you didnt take off the stock grey piece ???
    nope, you can't really. and thanks to everyone else for the compliments :)

looks good I was thinking about this but i wasn't sure how good it might look. But the way it looks i might hit that dude up on clubrsx

vUpac
    beautiful outcome

Looks really nice.

I have one question.
    Do you have pictures of the result on the driver's side?

ephatch member
    im amazed at how many comments this got. back when i did mine, there were alot of people that didnt like it when i posted. im glad to see people are starting to like the recaro inserts. anyways heres mine from about a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rburdios View Post
    im amazed at how many comments this got. back when i did mine, there were alot of people that didnt like it when i posted. im glad to see people are starting to like the recaro inserts. anyways heres mine from about a year ago.
    that's really sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by The.O View Post
    Looks really nice.

I have one question.
    Do you have pictures of the result on the driver's side?
    i don't have any pics, but the end result came out much better than the passenger side. no flaws

Upholstering flat panels is pretty easy if you take your time and are smart about it like the thread originator was. You tape off to prevent overspray, and make sure to get the edge really good. You don't want to use too much glue that it puddles, or soaks through the new fabric. Also pay attention to the glue's strength. The stronger the better.

A technique I frequently use is putting a trash bag over the panel and slowly pulling it back while laying the material. That way you can have the material laying flat on the panel without it touching. It helps when you're trying to flatten in curves.

ephatch member
    i took off my door panel and arm rests. with the glue, u just gotta remember not to push down on the recaro inserts cause it works like foam. i just gently laid mine over and the glue is pretty strong. for the edges, i didnt use glue, i just rolled it into the creases a pizza roller

thanks this will realy help

The best way to install these inserts are with these directions. These are for the newer civic but its the same steps. I would suggest replacing the hot glue with liquid nails

http://fiberupholstery.com/civic.html

As I've heard though, our panel isn't removable. So, those directions don't apply to ep3's as far as I've heard. Prove me wrong though, only thing holding me back from doing this is I hate creases and only way to guarantee no creases and clean edges is to remove the upholstered section.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsol66 View Post
    As I've heard though, our panel isn't removable. So, those directions don't apply to ep3's as far as I've heard. Prove me wrong though, only thing holding me back from doing this is I hate creases and only way to guarantee no creases and clean edges is to remove the upholstered section.
    They do apply to the EP3. they are the exact same for the newer civic it cant be removed either. but by drilling out the two tabs that hold it you can. Remove your door panel and take a look

The two tabs are located on the front end of the door panel. Around the door bolster there should be a few screws also that need to be removed.

Not trying to question you, but are you 100% sure of this? As in, have you physically done it yourself? I've asked on this site quite a few times and everybody says that no, our door panels are not the same and they can not be removed. Not that it needs to be drilled out, but that its one piece. If what you're saying is true though, shoot, i'll do this mod this week! I love the red inserts, but I hate doing it when the panel is on the car.

i think vlkter is the guy that sell the inserts in the classifieds. i believes he does installs as well. seems to be pretty legit
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information