Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reasons you need a swap over a supercharger

K24A4 (waterport fixed)
    Prb Intake Manifold and Throttlebody
    Kpro (or 310 cc injectors)
    Ebay Coldair Intake
    Energy Suspention Engine Mounts

this all comes to around 1400bu (500 if you dont use kpro) plus the cost of swapping but if you do it yourself then well its free lol. I have done the swap before and its not to hard just a little time consumeing. all the sensors you need will swap over from the k20a3 along with the alternator ac and idle pully.
    You can fit up whatever exhaust setup you want to it aswell.
    Some people have sway bar clearance issues but not everyone.
    On this setup im running around a 14.5-14.7 in the quarter mile which is faster then superchaged A3's

this is fun as shit to drive onthe streets and i love it because i still get good gas milage 28city 36 highway

any other question you may have about the set up let me know and ill be happy to tell you what i know.

yeah my friend had a k24a4 and s/c'd it, he made alota of power..

or

if you swap a k24a1, you have more options for power and... thicker rods.

Very good point, id rather have a swap than a SC too, cheaper, more reliable, better gas milage!
    yeah i want a swap pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    yeah my friend had a k24a4 and s/c'd it, he made alota of power..

or

if you swap a k24a1, you have more options for power and... thicker rods.
    the same power options are avalible for an a4 as an a1 the a1 is just better hence its 700bux more, if you want to build a k24 id suggest starting with an a4 because most people are going to head swap anyway so why waste money on a better engine if they all have the same block

Quote Originally Posted by Fico View Post
    the same power options are avalible for an a4 as an a1 the a1 is just better hence its 700bux more, if you want to build a k24 id suggest starting with an a4 because most people are going to head swap anyway so why waste money on a better engine if they all have the same block
    to build then yes k24a4 because its cheaper but if your not gonna do any engine block work then your better off with the a1 because you cant just do a headswap on the a4.. with the a4 youd have to swap out pistons and rods but with the k24a1, the a2 head will just slap on with no piston or rod mods

true but its usualy cheaper just to buy a tsx long block

tsx longblock = $2500.

a1 = $1300, a2 head = $800, total = $2100. The poor man's tsx swap.

I'll prob take the a4 route if I decide to change internals.

i got my tsx long block for 700bux i dont know where you guys shop

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    i dont wanna sound like a dick....but thats not always faster than a SC a3....my first time ever at the track i ran a 14.4 my best time of the day....and jerseyjew (who has pretty much the same mods as me just different exhuast) ran a 13.9

Quote Originally Posted by thisisagame24 View Post
    i dont wanna sound like a dick....but thats not always faster than a SC a3....my first time ever at the track i ran a 14.4 my best time of the day....and jerseyjew (who has pretty much the same mods as me just different exhuast) ran a 13.9
    exactly my point, you had further modification done, im simply saying that a starting with a stock ep and throwing a superchager on will cost about 2-3grand(thats with the power card not kpro), and to swap that same ep it would be 1-2grand. yeah i know that most people have more money into there cars then that but do you get my comparison now?

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    got ya....does make sence. but i just felt i needed to throw that in there. it might be close but i wouldnt say its going to be faster than a jrsc-r. but i do feel ya mang on saving money and making good power

well i havent got a clean pass on the strip but with no traction and half the mods i have now i was at a 14.8 and now i have a 6 speed and a few other goodies, but my engine right now is fucked up i need to swap it for my other k24a4 and ill have that at the bbq meet so we will see what i can get there on a fresh engine and my new toys, im going to say low 14's but we will have to see!

dude where the hell did you find a TSX long block for 700? sign me up right now!

K24A4 (waterport fixed)
    Prb Intake Manifold and Throttlebody
    Kpro (or 310 cc injectors)
    Ebay Coldair Intake
    Energy Suspention Engine Mounts

this all comes to around 1400bu (500 if you dont use kpro) plus the cost of swapping but if you do it yourself then well its free lol. I have done the swap before and its not to hard just a little time consumeing. all the sensors you need will swap over from the k20a3 along with the alternator ac and idle pully.
    You can fit up whatever exhaust setup you want to it aswell.
    Some people have sway bar clearance issues but not everyone.
    On this setup im running around a 14.5-14.7 in the quarter mile which is faster then superchaged A3's

this is fun as shit to drive onthe streets and i love it because i still get good gas milage 28city 36 highway

any other question you may have about the set up let me know and ill be happy to tell you what i know.
    this will be my exact setup + a 50 shot. BTW for those looking to save anymore cash a bolt on a3 with a 50 shot runs 14 flat with drag radials.

i got my tsx long block for 700bux i dont know where you guys shop
    I may be wrong but isnt a k24a4 a accord or element motor not a tsx or did I miss somthing anyway I got the same motor for $500.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information