Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OP-AMP View Post
    back from the dead? I posted 3 days ago lol
    I didn't see your post? last one I saw was from 2011... lol my bad,
    Anyhow, should have some pics of my set up on the car tonight, with stretch kit installed, fits awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Kis4KEN View Post
    I made another thread about this, but might as well post it again.

My roof rack was stolen about a week ago. It consisted of 4 of the older style Yakima Q-towers. Each tower had a lock from SKS. I also had a Yakima Sprocket Rocket, with yet another SKS lock on it. Luckily my road bike wasn't on the rack, but still... the rack is gone. All the locks were locked by the way. The way the thief stole it was... He either used a screw driver or pry bar, and bent the clips out. After bending out clips on the rack say, on both towers on the driver's side, the rack apparently will just come off. What pisses me off more than anything is that the thief won't even be able to sell it or use it, so he probably just threw it away. If you guys know how the Sprocket Rocket locks, then you'll know what I mean. http://yakima.com/shop/bike/top/sprocketrocket

Reason why I'm telling you guys this is, that I kept my rack on ALL THE TIME. My car was parked in a fairly wealthy neighborhood. Even with 5 SKS locks that were LOCKED, my shit still got jacked. For me, it was laziness, that's the only reason that I never took it off. If I ever get a rack again, it's not going to be on top of my car regularly... Unless it's the kind that locks into the rain gutter area on the roof.

Just saying, careful guys.
    Sorry to hear man,
    I have had my snowboard and snowboard holders stolen from on top of my car at the local slope's parking lot. I am super careful now, I opted for the older rack set up also to keep cost down in case something did happen. The Yakima SST towers and locks are cheaper than the q towers and all over ebay you can get clips for an EG that will allow you to run these towers on the EP (they never really made clips for the SST for the EP) since they discontinued that design. I think My set up cost me just over 200 bucks even with the stretch kit. I just needed it for my bike and snowboard.

Here are my roof racks...

Oh, wait, on my EP3?? I would never put a rack on that.

The ski rack on the STi is Thule bars and visor, with Inno RV racks. The Inno setup is literally the best and most user friendly setup I've ever used (and I've used numerous Thule and Yakima setups over the years). I only have it on the car during ski season (November-April). I take it off when I switch the Blizzaks out for the summer tires.

The rack on the Xterra is a Yakima Load Warrior on the factory crossbars. Yakima attachments for the wheel/tire, Hi-Lift, and shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by jettadreams View Post
    Sorry to hear man,
    I have had my snowboard and snowboard holders stolen from on top of my car at the local slope's parking lot. I am super careful now, I opted for the older rack set up also to keep cost down in case something did happen. The Yakima SST towers and locks are cheaper than the q towers and all over ebay you can get clips for an EG that will allow you to run these towers on the EP (they never really made clips for the SST for the EP) since they discontinued that design. I think My set up cost me just over 200 bucks even with the stretch kit. I just needed it for my bike and snowboard.
    What is the clip number for EG? With yakima SST towers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kis4KEN View Post
    What is the clip number for EG? With yakima SST towers?
    I'm Almost positive I am using Y50 clips, I will check when I'm on lunch though just to be sure....

What length fairings are the Yakima guys running? 32", 36"....?

Quote Originally Posted by OH10_EP3 View Post
    What length fairings are the Yakima guys running? 32", 36"....?
    I have a 44" yakima fairing on mine felt like the 36 would of looked a little small but everyone has there own taste, this is what mine looks like
    ep3 ...jpg dosnt hang over at all, sorry for the crappy pic took it with my phone..

I'd figure I would throw down my specs (they should be exactly the same as jettadreams)

Yakima CrossBars
    SST Towers
    Y22 Clips
    Yakima Stretch Kit
    Rocky Mounts Pitch Fork

Here's my aesthetics only Yakima rack....maybe one day I'll use it for something.

I've had all types of rack systems on my cars for the past 10 years.
    I was a rack buyer/installer for an independent outdoor retailer for 6 years....so I've pretty much installed every rack/accessory for Thule and Yakima.....
    As much as I hate Q-towers and how they fit....they seem to work well.....Just keep them tight.
    Mine stay on year round, as I use them for 3 different sports. About twice a year I take them apart and remeasure/remount them....
    I wish our Ep's had factory mounts like the Mazda3 but whatever....

here's my setup
    Q Clips, Q Towers, Stretch Kit (which I also hate)
    Not sure which fairing as it has traveled between 4 cars.
    (my advice about fairings is, get one that's a little shorter than they recommend....just in case you change cars.)
    Kayak stackers
    Copperhead and Boa Fork Mount bike racks.
    High Roller Bike rack.
    Powderhound Snowboard Rack
    Rocketbox Pro 11 Cargo box....

That is all.

Rack.jpg

Here's my Yakima setup, got it according to the book.

Here's my Roof Rack.. Picked it up at REI.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy` View Post

Here's my Roof Rack.. Picked it up at REI.
    Sick car! And rack lol

Ironically I picked mines up at REI too.

Canadian prices are a joke. For the same setup that I want, it was over 700 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Type_R_Nammer View Post
    Sick car! And rack lol

Ironically I picked mines up at REI too.

Canadian prices are a joke. For the same setup that I want, it was over 700 dollars.
    Thank you, yeah.. My first time buying a rack and I went somewhere around there too lol.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information