Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    just tossing this out there since its relevant- i have a set of thule racks- cross bars, feet, fit kit, and wind deflector sitting in my garage. picked it up last winter and used it once with the lack of snowfall. i recently picked up a DD so i no longer need the racks. looking to get $300 for everything. PM if interested

Liking the extra space now!

What is the Thule fit kit product number for our cars? Their fit guide on their website isn't working for me right now.

Finally got my rack up. Got a crazy deal on Craigslist: footpack with locks, bars and a fairing all for $75!! Everything else I found was going for $200. Found the fit kit online at some shop in Nevada and I'm good to go. Getting ski/snowboard mounts then heading out to Utah this winter

I have also found great deals on CL. Looks good !

Looking to getting a roof rack for the style, as well as the functionality of it (looking to use it for snowboard trips during winter). However, I know nothing about roof racks at all!
    I've done some little research and know that Thule makes a fit kit for our cars, part 400xt and 2121 I believe? And I know that I'll need cross bars as well as the snowboard attachment. I'll also be looking to get a wind deflector as well. Is there anything that I'm missing? Also, does anyone know of a good site to order these parts and ships to Canada for a reasonable price?

I've been looking at used roof racks locally and found this:
    http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ459557336

Is that a decent price? I'll also need to get the 2121 fit kit for the 400xt

Any response is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by j.lai; 02-25-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jettadreams View Post
    Sorry to hear man,
    I have had my snowboard and snowboard holders stolen from on top of my car at the local slope's parking lot. I am super careful now, I opted for the older rack set up also to keep cost down in case something did happen. The Yakima SST towers and locks are cheaper than the q towers and all over ebay you can get clips for an EG that will allow you to run these towers on the EP (they never really made clips for the SST for the EP) since they discontinued that design. I think My set up cost me just over 200 bucks even with the stretch kit. I just needed it for my bike and snowboard.

i just bought a yakima rack from garage sale it came with sst tower. do you still remember what kind of Y clips that will fit on ep3? the rock came of from 91 integra.

what kind of stretch kit? are you talking about Q stretch kit?
    Quote Originally Posted by OH10_EP3 View Post
    I'd figure I would throw down my specs (they should be exactly the same as jettadreams)

Yakima CrossBars
    SST Towers
    Y22 Clips
    Yakima Stretch Kit
    Rocky Mounts Pitch Fork

new fairing (need a better pix)

old school fairing

Yes, you'll need the 2121 fit kit (for the 400xt foot pack) which can be difficult and expensive to find. Check www.mountainairsports.com. 47" or 50" Thule square load bars will fit. Yakima, Inno, and Rhino all make racks as well, I'm just not familiar with specifics on them.

Quote Originally Posted by j.lai View Post
    Looking to getting a roof rack for the style, as well as the functionality of it (looking to use it for snowboard trips during winter). However, I know nothing about roof racks at all!
    I've done some little research and know that Thule makes a fit kit for our cars, part 400xt and 2121 I believe? And I know that I'll need cross bars as well as the snowboard attachment. I'll also be looking to get a wind deflector as well. Is there anything that I'm missing? Also, does anyone know of a good site to order these parts and ships to Canada for a reasonable price?

I've been looking at used roof racks locally and found this:
    http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ459557336

Is that a decent price? I'll also need to get the 2121 fit kit for the 400xt

Any response is greatly appreciated, thanks!

To revive an older thread.... Has any one found a way to mount a roof rack without qclips?

Bunp

Quote Originally Posted by dble0 View Post
    To revive an older thread.... Has any one found a way to mount a roof rack without qclips?
    I'm not familiar with Yakima's Q system - but I'd imagine you need them for sure. The clips are what "grabs" onto your car.

Where can I go about getting a roof rack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    just tossing this out there since its relevant- i have a set of thule racks- cross bars, feet, fit kit, and wind deflector sitting in my garage. picked it up last winter and used it once with the lack of snowfall. i recently picked up a DD so i no longer need the racks. looking to get $300 for everything. PM if interested
    Are Thule's better than Yakima roof racks?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information