Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yea all my friends spent like 1000 on their systems. i dont really want to spend that much. how much is installation for like one sub, amp, and headunit. that could make or break me depending on price.

I purchased a refurb 12L7D2 for about 150 shipped. A refurbed KX1200.1 for 300 for a total of 450. Both have served me well of the last couple of years. Plenty of bass and doesnt take up as much room as 2 10's. Just remember when you get more smaller speakers and less wattage and less quality you take up a lot more room to produce the same results. Also look at refurbished speakers. they are quite a bit cheaper and the manufacturer only reuses the magnet/basket assembly and replace the cone/spider/voicecoil. basically its a new speaker that has a couple superficial scratches. And with an amp thats refurbished look at it as a component that passed quality control 2x.

Install it yourself. Cheaper and more fun.

If it were me I'd upgrade the speakers before adding a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by epblue05 View Post
    yea all my friends spent like 1000 on their systems. i dont really want to spend that much. how much is installation for like one sub, amp, and headunit. that could make or break me depending on price.
    What is the budget?
    I would look at one 12" and a decent amp that would put down a solid 150 rms. The spend the extra money on a decent head unit. A good head unit will give you a noticeable increase in sound quality (even with the stock speakers) and then if you ever decide to do a full blown system your one step a head! I would personally start with a head unit, and do a sub second. I would say you have $60 in a wiring kit (for the subs), and $30-60 on a LOC (line-out-converter) since you don't have an aftermarket HU.

If your trying to save money; and interested I just bought (May 5th) a Pioneer Premier Deh-p600ub I would cut you a super deal on it since I got a great deal. PM me if interested. Here is what it looked liked installed (post 10)!
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44802
    If you use an MP3 player it is awesome! Works unbelieveable with the Ipod. And if I can sell it to another EPer its already got the wiring harness solder together!
    Last edited by RON; 08-07-2008 at 07:12 AM.

ephatch member
    If you need any reassurance, I am pushing a 600 rms and it is ridiculously loud. Go with a single 12 and I think you would be really happy.

i'm looking to spend about 350 with out a head unit. i already have one in the box waiting for me. the thing is installation is a lot with wiring and everything. i'm looked at best buy installs and they said around 200 for a standard install on one sub, amp and headunit. so now its like 550. I know infinity and rocksford fosgate make a good sub. hows alpine?

i'm looking to spend about 350 with out a head unit. i already have one in the box waiting for me. the thing is installation is a lot with wiring and everything. i'm looked at best buy installs and they said around 200 for a standard install on one sub, amp and headunit. so now its like 550. I know infinity and rocksford fosgate make a good sub. hows alpine?
    honestly it is all pretty easy to install. CD player is really straight forward. You need an install kit and a wiring harness for a 02-05 civic. The rest is easy. EP's have a really easy stereo to take out. I wouldn't pay some one to do it but you know your limits better than I.

its pretty easy to remove the headunit/install an amp.

running the cable is the most time consuming part. i only had a slight idea of what i was doing when i installed my amp.

600w rms would be waaaaaaaaay too loud for me. 200-300w rms is it for me.
    Last edited by powdbyrice; 08-07-2008 at 12:40 PM.

why do you buy from ebay.. do you think crutchfield is to expensive??
    yes they are but I'm not saying not to buy from them because there shipping and customer service is second to none.

i wasn't planning on swapping out the stock speakers due to not enough funds. i guess the most important part is i want it to be clear. will the stock speakers handle the extra power safely? the last thing i want is to blow them out.
    this is what i was looking to get http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...Ported%20Boxes
    I think you would be better off getting a heftier 10" i mean one of those needs 1 cubic foot of air space in a sealed box so thats 2 cubic feet gone from our tiny hatch. but its not a bad price for what you get.

hm i have 2 12 inch kicker cvr's , sealed box and a 1200 watt (max) amp they work fine wit a nice radio u can set it so theres not too much bass or as much as u want i suggest a nice pioneer radio no matter what u choose to go with , for twelves they bump really hard even though my amp is crappy , but like i said u can lower the sub bass on the radio so u can make it as loued or as clean as u want

hm if u want speakers and such u can go to etronics.com they have good prices

yea i'm going to ask around and see who knows about systems and get one of my buddies to help me out. then i could put that money toward getting better subs and amp.

I think i have something that might be perfect for you...i dont know if this is "against the rules" due to my post count but im looking to get rid of something that is similar to what you are looking for and i have everything needed to install including wires for a little over half of what your initial budget was. Sorry for being so vague but i dont want to get scolded by the mods. Im located in PA about 15 minutes from King of Prussia. If you drove up id install the subs and your headunit as a service for a fellow ephatcher/for buying my shit. A tip would be nice but whatever. PM me if your interested.

Oh yeah....and its all Rockford Fosgate

pm'd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information