Close

EP/RSX/RSX-S/ rear brakes HELP!

I know this has been discussed before. Ive done my searching and reading. As always, you come across conflicting information.

Im researching to order parts tomorrow morning for my 05 EP to swap out my rear disks and pads. I can get a discount through Acura... so im looking to buy RSX/RSX-S brake parts.

There IS a difference in part#'s between Acura and Honda. Both the RSX and the RSX-S show the same part#'s for the rear brake parts... so that isnt the issue. I just want to confirm that they ARE the same parts regardless of the difference in part#'s. Can anyone thats done this confirm for me?

ephatch member
    The rear disks and pads are identical between the dc5 and ep3(5lug). So yes you can order rsx rear disks and pads.

ephatch member
    It's different because one is Acura and one is Honda. Same part tho.

Banned
    the rsx stock pads are a little higher heat range......because ep3's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    the rsx stock pads are a little higher heat range......because ep3's suck.
    Thats something i didnt think about. But it has to be a good thing right? The quality of the OEM pads are definitely a step above the best stuff Advance has to offer (Bendix/Wagner)... as far as eyeball quality goes. Even the shims are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RTE117 View Post
    It's different because one is Acura and one is Honda. Same part tho.
    Funny thing is, all of the parts boxes have Honda on them. Even the pads have Honda stamped into them.

Quote Originally Posted by sLiCk View Post
    The rear disks and pads are identical between the dc5 and ep3(5lug). So yes you can order rsx rear disks and pads.
    Thanks for those that replied... i ordered the parts yesterday at 3:30pm... they arrived 10am today. Cost me a little over 175$... plus i got new rotor mounting screws and a few spares for later on. This afternoon i prepped the pads for install, and cleaned the rotors. They will be installed tomorrow.

The only difference i found between the Honda parts and the Acura parts so far is the area where the pads dont touch the rotors is painted black on the Acura parts... just like the RSX-S front rotors that i recently installed. A nice matching touch. I wont paint the rear calipers to match the fronts just yet... i cant have the EP down that long. Ill have all four coated at a later time when my wheels are redone and i snag some StopTech drilled rotors... for added bling. Im workin on gettin the k20 squared away for the rebuild first.

Has anyone tried using synthetic DOT 3 in the EP yet? Its not silicone based. Supposedly it has similar qualities of a DOT 4 fluid without the problems a silicone fluid can cause. Anyone...?

how much bigger is the rotors?

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Has anyone tried using synthetic DOT 3 in the EP yet? Its not silicone based. Supposedly it has similar qualities of a DOT 4 fluid without the problems a silicone fluid can cause. Anyone...?
    I am using Prestone Dot4 synthetic and i don't see any issues yet with it.
    I have not hammered my brakes too much neither.

Thread Information