Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Honda Planning on Bringing JDM Cars to the US!! *CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!*

my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

would be nice to see a civic type r in the states

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    shame this is most likely only going to result in gas-sippers being imported, doubt we'll see a CTR anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by qkcivic View Post
    would be nice to see a civic type r in the states
    werd...if people buy the more pedestrian cars we might see that happen...i think the success of the 4 door si here may lead them to take that chance...i hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by thechromecoyote View Post
    shame this is most likely only going to result in gas-sippers being imported, doubt we'll see a CTR anytime soon.
    very true, but hoping is nice...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

i guess we can all hope but it'll probably be a couple years before they get the cars usdm inspection approved...oh well guess we shall see

i read somewhere that the ctr 2010 for sure

Autoblog is blocked at work, could someone please give a breif synopsis?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Autoblog is blocked at work, could someone please give a breif synopsis?
    Much attention has been paid to Ford's decision to bring six Euro Fords over to the States, but the Blue Oval isn't the only automaker that has good looking, fuel efficient vehicles overseas. Honda has a variety of petrol-sipping vehicles in its Japanese home market, and is now studying whether those are worth selling here in the U.S. The Japan-to-U.S. formula has already worked well with the stylish, sporty and efficient Fit, sales of which are up 73% this year. While the Fit has been sold in the U.S. since 2006, it has also been available in almost identical trim in Japan since 2001.

So Honda is considering offering its JDM Odyssey and compact Stream wagon (above) for the U.S., which would give the brand some wagon-like choices in its lineup. For now Honda is trying not to deviate from its long-term plans, but if the gas-drag on the U.S. market persists, bringing JDM models to market here is a no-brainer if they don't require a ton of investment to meet U.S. emissions and safety standards. As you might expect, we're all for this plan. While they're at it, we'll take the JDM Civic Type-R, too.

I think we'll see more and more european/japanese subcompacts make their way in to the US market. I think it's awesome that the number of huge SUV's on the road is rapidly decreasing. I just hate that it seems every other car is a Prius. My local news said the Smart car's are on something like a one year back-order. Seeing how poorly most manufacturers are doing currently that's amazing. I know if I was a higher up in one of the big companies I'd do whatever to get a piece of that market share.

Thank you, sir. Looks like more competition in the Mazda 5 segment, which is not particularly interesting to me but I'm sure some people will be happy about it. I really don't think this means we'll get a CTR, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gutierrez626 View Post
    i read somewhere that the ctr 2010 for sure
    that sounds like bullshit cuz i havnt heard that...
    my ep is white...

i doubt any type-r will make it over here. between usa specs and a 30k minimum price tag , good luck. as far a euro cars go a euro accord(aka tsx) wagon would be sweet. honestly though i don't understand why they don;t incorporate the thrifty small engines that are already in the euro hondas like the diesels

The FN2 CTR has only 1 more horsepower than the current Si, and they are also fairly equal in handling. If they were going to bring the CTR here, it would be the same sort of brand dilution that's happened in Europe, and the only good CTR would still be a Japan exclusive.

Hell, the FN2 CTR isn't even offered in Champ White.

I bet any models being considered are diesels.

if they brought the diesel over that would be exponentially epic
    my ep is white...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information