Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

This is how I feel about this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PubliusEP3 View Post
    Cmon close this thread already mods!
    Why it's just people shooting the shit. whats wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyduck17 View Post
    Its not a comparison of each cars equipment. Its strictly a comparison of HP, displacement, and fuel economy. You do have a point with the 2.4 in the accord being a better example but the V6 in the accord doesn't meet the output requirements of 300+ hp. I didn't choose the engines for the comparison, I just looked up the EPA numbers for the examples given.
    I think we should talk about the 2010 mustang 3.7 V6...........and it's 210hp. Or the GM 3800 making 210hp....... My brothers "performance" SS Malibu has a 3.9L that makes 240hp.

I know honda doesn't have anything major for 2011, mostly because they didn't hit rock bottom, and have to bounch up. They are still in "conserve mode" and are just starting to bring back some of the projects that were sidelined.

Once the public realizes that honda is behind, they will fix it. But untill then they are riding the wave of the 2000's and 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post

This is how I feel about this thread.
    looks like a meth head =D

I hate to be rude, but I don't see any way in hell that Honda will bring over any of the Type R models. They are all to happy of their ULE (ultra low emissions) and LEV (low emission vehicle) status here in the US. I'm sure some of you have read about it in different car magazines. "Honda refused to add *some hot rod motor or car part* due to their coveted LEV status" They are stupid in my opinion. They don't have ANY performance model in the US except for the Civic Si. Thats really sad for them, when a lot of other manufacturers are catching up in terms of horsepower and mpg. Do I think a type R would succeed here? I don't know. Considering the last years of the RSX-S didn't fair too well, and it was a great performer, I don't know. You see what happened to that car, discontinued. Its not about what we like, its about what the public perception and average John Q. Public buys. The Fit is a success because its usable and neat looking. Plus people know of Honda's reliability factor, so it sells well and looks modern, and its cheap. It would be hard to make the average person see the value of a $30,000 civic, or any car that has a four cylinder engine. They tried that with the Mugen Si, which was kind of a gimmick I might add. $30K is V6 territory. I would love to have a real type r over here, I just don't think Honda is ready to take that risk, especially in todays unsteady economy. Sorry if I am rambling, its just I get aggravated when Honda starts looking bad, and being dumb. Best car company, or at least it used to be, IMO. If they are not going to give us the whole car, they should at least give us the body parts to buy to make our cars look as good as the JDM models. Its silly how you can buy a HFP but not a JDM body kit here. They are all made by the same company, why can't I go to my local Honda dealer and order a Type R body kit? Or if anything else, have them order one if it doesn't make sense to stock one.
    Last edited by sleepy ep3; 06-12-2010 at 09:43 PM.

Wurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    this whole thread was started 2 years ago from a real article based on honda corporate whispers...that was before the car-pocalypse...at this point it'll never happen...i wish someone hadnt fucking bumped this thread...it needs to be closed or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Close this thread. These cars arent coming to our shores. F*** off already.
    i second that, this thread should not have been bumped from 2 years old...grr
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyduck17 View Post
    ... No offense seriously taken btw and this thread will never die apparently.
    well just have to turn the conversation into something more interesting since the point of me originally creating the thread was relevant and based on real world information but this thread quickly turned into a faiboi rumormill...
    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusEP3 View Post
    Cmon close this thread already mods!
    Closed by request! In the future, if there is a thread that has run its course and needs closing, feel free to post it in the "report problems here thread" or pm an admin or moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information