Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    the mugen edition Si was a test, they wanted to see how many they would sell for 30 grand.
    The answer was a resounding "not many" but they have intentions to bring the CTR here anyway at a price of around 26 before all of the dealer mark ups, you'd get out of the door for around 28 and of course this is because america is a bitch.
    We'll demand a/c, the government will demand airbags everywhere, it'll have to meet emissions standards blah blah blah.
    But it will have the type r badge and it'll look damn good and quantities will be limited to less than the Mugen edition Si because we didnt buy it so they think they can only sell a couple thousand a year.

Wow I hope they bring the Type R here in 2010. I'll defiantly be in line for one.

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    the mugen edition Si was a test, they wanted to see how many they would sell for 30 grand.
    The answer was a resounding "not many" but they have intentions to bring the CTR here anyway at a price of around 26 before all of the dealer mark ups, you'd get out of the door for around 28 and of course this is because america is a bitch.
    We'll demand a/c, the government will demand airbags everywhere, it'll have to meet emissions standards blah blah blah.
    But it will have the type r badge and it'll look damn good and quantities will be limited to less than the Mugen edition Si because we didnt buy it so they think they can only sell a couple thousand a year.
    They sure had some damn nerve even selling that damned Mugen Si. If it had a good bump up in power output like, I would look at a little different, but thats just thievery for comestic parts added to a "standard" Si.

I agree.
    They did do some suspension modification to the Mugen Si but there was no power increase to utilize it and most tests showed less than 1 second gained in lap times over the standard Si

shouldnt it matter on us bringing cars in and not honda. its americas specs and laws that makes jdm cars not able to come to the us..sorry never read the past 3 pages if this has been talked about already

i hope and pray to God that honda will bring a better cars over to the states.

i'll be the first in line to buy a CTR if they offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by icarus.na View Post
    i hope and pray to God that honda will bring a better cars over to the states.

i'll be the first in line to buy a CTR if they offer it.
    Not me if it's only seeing a 1 hp bump up... Even with better suspension it might bring and "sporty" look, it won't be worth the couple grand jack up in price.

Hopefully they'll do some real power gains. It'd be nice to see these Civics blow past some of the competitors models right out of the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    The FN2 CTR has only 1 more horsepower than the current Si, and they are also fairly equal in handling. If they were going to bring the CTR here, it would be the same sort of brand dilution that's happened in Europe, and the only good CTR would still be a Japan exclusive.

Hell, the FN2 CTR isn't even offered in Champ White.

are u refering to the ugly little hatchback one with the stupid midwing on the hatch u cant see behind? the same one they are using for rally racing?..they tested that and the ep3-r on TOP GEAR(theres a thread about this somewhere) and it only made 1 more hp then the ep and was slower and less fun to drive.the ep3 smoked it around the track in a straight line and around the bendys.IMO they f-d up that type-r.too bad they'll never remake some of the older type-r's and bring them here,all the compact cars are getting as big as the midsize cars and midsize are getn close to full,etc.

ephatch member
    Even if we get a type-r it'll be different then the JDM one. I think its kinda fun looking for JDM, EDM parts. I see alotta people that have the SI, like old teachers, college girls, and spoiled mofos that do nothing and total them. They just buy it off the lot ready to go.

What we do is build our own Type-R. We put K24's, a2's, franks, CF, R spoilers. In japan they already got a fully equipped R, theres no more OEM upgrades to buy. So spoon, feels, j's, and mugen solves that problem. The new SI is just a common civic.

lol old teachers can't drive an Si? Psshhh

Quote Originally Posted by jjermzz View Post
    Even if we get a type-r it'll be different then the JDM one. I think its kinda fun looking for JDM, EDM parts. I see alotta people that have the SI, like old teachers, college girls, and spoiled mofos that do nothing and total them. They just buy it off the lot ready to go.

What we do is build our own Type-R. We put K24's, a2's, franks, CF, R spoilers. In japan they already got a fully equipped R, theres no more OEM upgrades to buy. So spoon, feels, j's, and mugen solves that problem. The new SI is just a common civic.
    I agree, but on the practical side, not trying to be an @$$, but I'd rather get more horsepower outta the box rather than spend more ca$h making it that way. Besides, even with the mods you can do, there's always room for more power outta a stock motor. If you start at 160 flywheel hp, you can build and get more just the same way you can if you start with 200 fly hp.

But I see what you're saying. Just I'd like to see the Civic get a bit more respect on the road and if they came out with truely fast OEM models that smoked the factory Cobras or 350s I think it'd start getting that bit. And if ppl still wanted their 30whatever mpg, that's what the lx, dx, ex, vp, etc are there for.

If they do bring a Type R here to the US, it would be $28,000 which is not that much less than a Mugen Si. They would almost be head to head regarding speed, too. No one bought the Mugen Si, why would they choose a CTR over it? Just for the name?

i'd buy it if it was the hatch and they dropped a turbo in it!!

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthesiths View Post
    i'd buy it if it was the hatch and they dropped a turbo in it!!
    lol, of course. Any Civic with OEM turbo WOULD SELL!!! That'd be a dream!

uhhh...fuck the euro type r that you all keep getting excited over, the jdm type r is A LOT faster, go search on youtube ive seen videos of it hanging with an nsx on the track...maybe its just handling but id definitely take one if they sold it...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information