Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Well.. we did get the TSX which IS the JDM/Euro Honda Accord..so that is a fact though it may not be a Euro-R it is still the JDM and Euro Honda Accord outside of USA..

I disagree.
    The CL7/9 Euro-R had a K20A.... The USDM CL7/CL9 had a K24A2.... If anything I feel like Honda did a better job in choosing the motor for the USDM CL7/9.

Quote Originally Posted by vicx52o View Post
    I disagree.
    The CL7/9 Euro-R had a K20A.... The USDM CL7/CL9 had a K24A2.... If anything I feel like Honda did a better job in choosing the motor for the USDM CL7/9.
    its still way more JDM than our EPs are and better than the crappy "honda" accord we got... and I didnt say it was a Euro-R.

Its not really a big deal to me anymore whether Honda brings JDM cars Im not really a fan of Hondas anymore, after buying my 06 Subaru that is made in Japan and overall way better built.. I dont think I'll go back..Honda lost a customer with this selfishness that they got going with not giving us anything good while the othher Japanese companies give us the good stuff.
    Last edited by username011; 05-24-2010 at 08:28 AM.

i want a Direct injection advanced I-vtec motor already! Then Turbo it.......
    a 200hp 1.5L that gets 40+ Mpgs is not out of the question.
    They are putting to much into Hybrids, when we can in the long run have great reductions in CO2 and energy used if we just drive smaller cars with a lot better gas motors!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    i want a Direct injection advanced I-vtec motor already! Then Turbo it.......
    a 200hp 1.5L that gets 40+ Mpgs is not out of the question.
    They are putting to much into Hybrids, when we can in the long run have great reductions in CO2 and energy used if we just drive smaller cars with a lot better gas motors!
    Even Honda agrees with you the hybrid thing. The market wants them though. Make a hybrid, sell a car. Honda is betting on HFC (hydrogen fuel cell) as the best alternative fuel.

As to the DI? I can't figure out why Honda hasn't brought it to the market yet. Honda claims to be an engineering driven company but Porsche, Ferrari, VW, Ford and BMW all have DI and make the same claim.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyduck17 View Post
    Even Honda agrees with you the hybrid thing. The market wants them though. Make a hybrid, sell a car. Honda is betting on HFC (hydrogen fuel cell) as the best alternative fuel.

As to the DI? I can't figure out why Honda hasn't brought it to the market yet. Honda claims to be an engineering driven company but Porsche, Ferrari, VW, Ford and BMW all have DI and make the same claim.
    cost
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Because they can still be competitive without it.
    TL-S 3.7-liter V6 that produces 305 hp (227 kW) and 275 ft·lbf (373 N·m) of torque
    Mustang base 3.7L GDI produces a much more powerful 305 hp (227 kW) and 280 lb·ft (380 N·m) of torque

TSX The engine is a 2.4L in-line 4 cylinder engine reaching 201 hp (150 kW) and 172 lb·ft (233 N·m) torque
    Buick Lacrosse The 2.4L Ecotec GDI four-cylinder 182 hp (136 kW) 172 lb·ft (233 N·m)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    cost
    Maybe, Ford claims that if they had added DI to the new 5.0 it would've added $200 to the cost of every GT.

You can't tell me that Honda doesn't make enough K-series engines to cover the cost of development,worldwide?. Bosch already has the technology ready to license, Honda just need to pony up. Maybe Honda is waiting to roll out the next gen engine series to introduce DI.

Maybe, Ford claims that if they had added DI to the new 5.0 it would've added $200 to the cost of every GT.

You can't tell me that Honda doesn't make enough K-series engines to cover the cost of development,worldwide?. Bosch already has the technology ready to license, Honda just need to pony up. Maybe Honda is waiting to roll out the next gen engine series to introduce DI.
    first off, you are talking about a mustang gt, that car is higher up in the product lineup for ford. it is also a luxury buy item for people. people buy mustangs because they just gotta have one, they never NEED one for any reason. for both these reasons $200 is justifiable, but what you need to understand is thats $200 in cost of production. if you sell 1000 mustangs, thats an added cost of $200,000 for production alone...think about how that multiplies cost. the auto industry literally picks over PENNIES because that shit multiplies in large volume.

its not about how many they make to justify it, honda is just recently making a profit again and its more about unit/volume cost. and like stated above, honda doesnt need to do it yet. I am sure they will do it eventually but they dont need to spend the money right now and honda would NOT pay to license technology, they would develop it themselves that way they can continue to adapt and change the systems they develop. To continue that train of thought honda would also have to spend A LOT of money on R&D to develop the new technology.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    Because they can still be competitive without it.
    TL-S 3.7-liter V6 that produces 305 hp (227 kW) and 275 ft·lbf (373 N·m) of torque
    Mustang base 3.7L GDI produces a much more powerful 305 hp (227 kW) and 280 lb·ft (380 N·m) of torque

TSX The engine is a 2.4L in-line 4 cylinder engine reaching 201 hp (150 kW) and 172 lb·ft (233 N·m) torque
    Buick Lacrosse The 2.4L Ecotec GDI four-cylinder 182 hp (136 kW) 172 lb·ft (233 N·m)
    EPA numbers...
    Acura TL: 18/26 on premium fuel
    Ford Mustang: 19/29 on regular

Acura TSX: 21/30 again premium
    Buick Lacrosse: 23/32 on the cheap stuff.

Lets also not forget the better emissions.

I'm not trying to bag on honda for not having DI. I feel that Honda could do more of what they have always done, more with less. DI provides the opportunity to increase power and economy while decreasing emissions. Sounds like that would be right up Honda's alley doesn't it?

first off, you are talking about a mustang gt, that car is higher up in the product lineup for ford. it is also a luxury buy item for people. people buy mustangs because they just gotta have one, they never NEED one for any reason. for both these reasons $200 is justifiable, but what you need to understand is thats $200 in cost of production. if you sell 1000 mustangs, thats an added cost of $200,000 for production alone...think about how that multiplies cost. the auto industry literally picks over PENNIES because that shit multiplies in large volume.

its not about how many they make to justify it, honda is just recently making a profit again and its more about unit/volume cost. and like stated above, honda doesnt need to do it yet. I am sure they will do it eventually but they dont need to spend the money right now and honda would NOT pay to license technology, they would develop it themselves that way they can continue to adapt and change the systems they develop. To continue that train of thought honda would also have to spend A LOT of money on R&D to develop the new technology.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. Just offering an opinion. Sorry for having one.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Just offering an opinion. Sorry for having one.
    you misunderstand i am not trying to attack, i didnt think i was being aggressive with that post...i thought we were having a good discussion.
    my ep is white...

you misunderstand i am not trying to attack, i didnt think i was being aggressive with that post...i thought we were having a good discussion.
    It did seem a little bully-ish. Maybe I'm just a wuss. Who knows. I was thinking and chances are that Honda is gonna do the same thing with the k-series that they did with the b-series. Use it until it gets to be too much trouble to pass emissions certifications and then replace it with the new hawtness.

I still believe DI is the way to go and honda needs to get with the program. The domestics went from sorely behind to about the same in 3 yrs. In reference to the vehicles and engines pointed out above. What's gonna happen in the next 3?

No offense seriously taken btw and this thread will never die apparently.

It did seem a little bully-ish. Maybe I'm just a wuss. Who knows. I was thinking and chances are that Honda is gonna do the same thing with the k-series that they did with the b-series. Use it until it gets to be too much trouble to pass emissions certifications and then replace it with the new hawtness.

I still believe DI is the way to go and honda needs to get with the program. The domestics went from sorely behind to about the same in 3 yrs. In reference to the vehicles and engines pointed out above. What's gonna happen in the next 3?

No offense seriously taken btw and this thread will never die apparently.
    well just have to turn the conversation into something more interesting since the point of me originally creating the thread was relevant and based on real world information but this thread quickly turned into a faiboi rumormill...

anyway, ya honda will have to introduce DI on the next generation of engines, but i think you are right and for now they will just run the k-series life out for 5-10 years before introducing the next engine
    my ep is white...

Wasn't there some talk awhile back about (A-VTEC) Advanced-vtec? That would be the next big step for the k-series, continuously variable valve timing, lift and duration as opposed to the stepped verity we have now. I wonder what kind of numbers it could put down. I've done some looking and the most recent mention of A-VTEC was back in 2007.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information