Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    They will go for a while, but in the end they blow.
    this holds true for anything other than stock. haha.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

IMO, stock blows.

tommy's k24a1 with stage I skunk2 cams, dcrh, 2.5" exhaust, stock axleback and an sri made 188 whp and 164 wtq with a 7k redline.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    http://www.k20a.org/forum/showpost.p...&postcount=242

k24a1 block & internals, k20a2 head, DCRH
    222whp @ ~7.4k
    list of mods.....

Car: 92 Civic Hatch
    Motor: K24A1 Block(stock internals), Type-S head
    Header: DC Sports
    Cams: Type-S intake and TSX Exhaust cam
    Intake: PRB with 66 mm BDL TB
    exhaust: 2.5
    Tranny: type r tranny w/ 4.7 final drive, Honda LSD
    Misc Mods: Hondata IMG, ETD Racing water pump block off plate and Mezeire electric water pump
    Power: 222 hp 177 torque

Tuned by Jim Helbing @ Motovation Motorsports in Birmingham, AL

Note the little things like the the electric water pump, 66mm BDL tb, prb manie and tsx exhaust cam. This car also does not have ac for sure....these are not basic boltons imo.....

I stick by my number, basic bolt ons in a ep3, 170's......Tsx(k24a2) motors with 10.5 to one compression ratios make high 170's to low 180's with basic boltons in ep3's.

Banned
    Go for it......2 things....look at the dyno sheets on the first and 3rd....If you can not see the the problem, well I do not know what to say. On the second one, 8300 rpm......thats about 10200 rpm in piston speed of a k20a2. Tell you what, do that dd and please remember to post un the motor gore shots for us car pervs....I love looking at holes in eginen blocks:tehehe:

Something you should also look at, none of these sheets you have posted are complete........How do I know? Where are the injectors? No way you are doing 230 whp with 310 cc injectors.....310cc's go 100% at around 210 to 215 whp......but what do I know....

I'd say 200whp sounds about right. With the clearance 9/1 will give you, you can get some crazy high lift cams, and make some more power.

I'm shooting for 220-230whp with my 11.7/1 compression k24a1, with a RBB head. I know 230 is a bit high for the smaller ports of the RBB but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    Go for it......2 things....look at the dyno sheets on the first and 3rd....If you can not see the the problem, well I do not know what to say. On the second one, 8300 rpm......thats about 10200 rpm in piston speed of a k20a2. Tell you what, do that dd and please remember to post un the motor gore shots for us car pervs....I love looking at holes in eginen blocks:tehehe:

Something you should also look at, none of these sheets you have posted are complete........How do I know? Where are the injectors? No way you are doing 230 whp with 310 cc injectors.....310cc's go 100% at around 210 to 215 whp......but what do I know....

Musty, you know its all love man, but you are just wrong on the RPM issue. I had a K24A2 with stock pistons and rods. I spun it up to 8500 RPMs. It was my daily driver for a while. Yes, it did blow eventually but that was because of a bad spark plug, nothing to do with piston speed. The pistons were fine, the rods were fine, the bearings were fine, the crank was fine. I've seen the math before. I know the numbers are extreme, but if stock rods and pistons can handle it are you telling me that forged pistons and rods can't?

The dynos first two dynos are in mph not rpm (unless your doing a conversion).

I think you're getting the wrong idea from my responses. I'm just trying to get an idea of what this setup would make because I have a similar build in mind. My purpose isn't to prove you wrong, I've just found other info that suggests bigger numbers.

I don't see a problem in the dyno sheets, could you tell me what it is?

Just trying to learn. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, the X axis on those dynos are in mph.

im going to run a custom turbo kit made by Raceline USA where i work at

Quote Originally Posted by wishbear View Post
    im going to run a custom turbo kit made by Raceline USA where i work at
    Then why the hell are you getting a JRRH and toda cams? A turbo doesn't mix and match with cams and the turbo manifold replaces the header completely...are you sure you know what you are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by wishbear View Post
    oh yea i would be running 3inch cai
    jrrh
    2"1/2 midpipe to stock cat
    The JRRH replaces the cat...Maybe just a few typos of yours but it sounds like you have not put the puzzle peices together and now are just naming parts.

if u want to make those numbers just boost..safer and cheaper..imo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Moments View Post
    Musty, you know its all love man, but you are just wrong on the RPM issue. I had a K24A2 with stock pistons and rods. I spun it up to 8500 RPMs. It was my daily driver for a while. Yes, it did blow eventually but that was because of a bad spark plug, nothing to do with piston speed. The pistons were fine, the rods were fine, the bearings were fine, the crank was fine. I've seen the math before. I know the numbers are extreme, but if stock rods and pistons can handle it are you telling me that forged pistons and rods can't?
    Hay, its cool. I have always loved your car and the fact you have dumped huge cash in it to make it a road course car. Here is the thing, imo your motor never made any sence to me. Your hp numbers were always low. Sure it could have been the dyno but anyone that has a a k24a2 with ips boost cams, custom large tube race header, 3 inch cat back with a blower pumping 9psi boost and has trouble making 290 whp at 8500 rpm has issues. You should have been way over 300 whp imo. I would have loved to have seen a read on your oil after you motor went. My guess is you were getting blow by on your rings at high rpm and this was bleeding off hp and killing your mixture. One of the problems with really high pistion speeds is you can loose your ring seal as the pistions fly up and down the cyclinder and this causes mixture changes that result in knock( or high heat that will burn off the weld on your electrode on your spark plug) that kills the motor. Look at the pistion design of the motor in the first gen s2000 and compare it to the tsx motor pistons.....Oh well, this is just the interweds anyway and I am just some old coot that does not know what he is talking about. Prove me wrong kids, but do it with a motor that has survived for 50,000 miles of trips to 8500 rpm.........

Banned
    The dynos first two dynos are in mph not rpm (unless your doing a conversion).

I think you're getting the wrong idea from my responses. I'm just trying to get an idea of what this setup would make because I have a similar build in mind. My purpose isn't to prove you wrong, I've just found other info that suggests bigger numbers.

I don't see a problem in the dyno sheets, could you tell me what it is?

Just trying to learn. Thanks for the help.
    Hey, Its cool, heres the my deal. I just try to be real with these "what will I make" threads. When honda says their k20a2 motor makes 200 hp at the crank and a dyno says the motor makes 178 hp at the wheels, those are real numbers. Remember, we are talking about a 2000 cc motor with a 8000rpm read line and 11 to 1 compression. Now take a 2400 cc motor with 1.5 points less compression and a lower red line ( my problem is I want my cars to hold up) and I tell you that you will make 170's....Thats around 200hp at the crank and about 40 more than stock for a k24a1.............Hope that explains my guess-ta-mit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information