Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OEM Radio has NO CLOCK!!! HELP!!!

Ok, so this at first, I was like, "whatever? who cares..." right? I mean, so I hvae no radio in a 2004 car... But then as time went on and say I'm driving to work and have to grab my cell phone just to check the time, well, this is starting to really piss me off. Each day, I hate it more.

I have a 2004 EP3 and the stock radio HAS NO RADIO!!! I cannot see anything that tells time that is attached to the car, anywhere. Even after looking in the Owners Manual, the radio in there is different than mine...

Here is the one in the owners manual:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=AUTO+RADIO

There is a button on the right side that apparently has the word "clock" in print next to it... The lower right onw next to the screen to be specific... Ok, here's my gay radio and please excuse the bad quality, it was from my cell phone. I'll get a better one if needed. But anyways, here's mine:

The only difference between my radio and the one in the owner's manual just so happens to be those two side buttons, the ones that "random search" and "scan" are flipped in location and neither has the word clock around it...

I have held all buttons down and tried about every obvious button combo I can think of... STILL no clock...

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skep18 View Post
    Ok, so this at first, I was like, "whatever? who cares..." right? I mean, so I hvae no radio in a 2004 car... But then as time went on and say I'm driving to work and have to grab my cell phone just to check the time, well, this is starting to really piss me off. Each day, I hate it more.

I have a 2004 EP3 and the stock radio HAS NO RADIO!!! I cannot see anything that tells time that is attached to the car, anywhere. Even after looking in the Owners Manual, the radio in there is different than mine...

Here is the one in the owners manual:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=AUTO+RADIO

There is a button on the right side that apparently has the word "clock" in print next to it... The lower right onw next to the screen to be specific... Ok, here's my gay radio and please excuse the bad quality, it was from my cell phone. I'll get a better one if needed. But anyways, here's mine:

The only difference between my radio and the one in the owner's manual just so happens to be those two side buttons, the ones that "random search" and "scan" are flipped in location and neither has the word clock around it...

I have held all buttons down and tried about every obvious button combo I can think of... STILL no clock...

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Good Gawd, no radio or no clock?

That's not the stock radio, it likely came out of a model that had an external clock ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Good Gawd, no radio or no clock?

That's not the stock radio, it likely came out of a model that had an external clock ;)
    You guys have no idea how much this sucks... I WANNA CLOCK!!!! But I don't wanna get a new radio yet... Still paying off the car...

Any ideas what car this could be? Again, it's almost EXACTLY the same as the on in the owner's manual...

Yea. Totally not the stock radio....lol. I don't know how expensive a stock radio is for our car but, i would just go buy an aftermarket one with the dash kit to make it fit well.

I'm still trying to figure out how to sit the clock on my stock radio...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Yea. Totally not the stock radio....lol. I don't know how expensive a stock radio is for our car but, i would just go buy an aftermarket one with the dash kit to make it fit well.

I'm still trying to figure out how to sit the clock on my stock radio...lol
    I believe with the correct stock one, you just hold the "Scan" button (whichever is on the bottom) until it beeps and use numbers "4" and "5" or something to set munites and hours. It's in the owner's manual.

That is definitely not the OEM radio for the EP. If you're not looking for an aftermarket deck I would check the classifieds. There are usually OEM radios for sale. Either that or go to Walmart and get a clock from the automotive section to stick to the dash. WalmartDM FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by skep18 View Post
    I believe with the correct stock one, you just hold the "Scan" button (whichever is on the bottom) until it beeps and use numbers "4" and "5" or something to set munites and hours. It's in the owner's manual.

can you provide us with a better picture of the entire clock? From the pic, it doesn't look like mine, and I have a 05.

You buy this car used? at a honda stealership or a mom & pop?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    can you provide us with a better picture of the entire clock? From the pic, it doesn't look like mine, and I have a 05.

You buy this car used? at a honda stealership or a mom & pop?
    I'll get some better pics after I get off work. Bought it used... Probably swapped this one out for prev owners ballin' HU.

stock radio should look like this:

you can pick one up from
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46052
    for 50 bucks

yea... I'm gonna go get better pics right now. brb

Here:

That's an ISO mounted stockie from another car in a Metra kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    That's an ISO mounted stockie from another car in a Metra kit.
    What is that?

That looks to be from earlier Civic.

It is mounted using the Metra install kit.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

bummer.... Oh well, I'm gonna deal with it until I buy new radio. I prbly will go buy a super-cool Autozone sticky clock, lol. $4 fix FTW!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information