Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    this goes for you right under my last post as well. You are just making yourself sound uneducated for thinking these are the same senarios.

Honestly, making myself sound uneducated to someone who thinks dremeling into plastic 'til it melts is a different scenario from making anything else look like shit is not my biggest concern.
    See, I have to make correlations that you disagree with for you to call me uneducated, you just have to do something like "make a name tag for your stitch"
    I don't care how much you like it, nothing that is done to a car should have melted plastic bits that can be rubbed off into the carpet.

enough with the bickering please. i do not mind if you post your opinion. obviously, everyone is going to have his/her view about this. if you can not say your opinion without making uncalled for remarks, do not post. Simple as that.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    I'm usually not one to be disrespectful, but stop. Just stop.

Think about it like this: Would you buy a used car with that already done to it?
    I do not think he is going to sell his car. I have no intentions on selling mine. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by classiccelica View Post
    Thank you for your tip I will try to clean it up a little.
    i know what you were going for. Stitch, the crazy animal that eats everything. haha. by cleaning, i mean smoothing out the outer part of the dash, and not the entire lettering.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

Regardless of your arguement, it still looks horrible.

It's your car, you have to look at it. If you can deal with that wretched mess of a center console, God bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    Honestly, making myself sound uneducated to someone who thinks dremeling into plastic 'til it melts is a different scenario from making anything else look like shit is not my biggest concern.
    See, I have to make correlations that you disagree with for you to call me uneducated, you just have to do something like "make a name tag for your stitch"
    I don't care how much you like it, nothing that is done to a car should have melted plastic bits that can be rubbed off into the carpet.
    You know what ever happened to hey this is how you want it so good luck to you, instead you try and make people feel terrible for doing something to their automobile that makes them like it more. Sorry to dissappoint but I don't even know you so whatever man.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    Regardless of your arguement, it still looks horrible.

It's your car, you have to look at it. If you can deal with that wretched mess of a center console, God bless you.
    Never include God in an attempt to be mean and caddy to someone else. If nobody ever pioneered to be different than everyone else then we wouldn't even have the ep3 civic si. I didn't even care for the styling of this car at first when it came out. This forum wouldn't even be here if someone hadn't been different in their style and taste. It is pretty sad when everyone else on here can be nice except two of you that have to voice your dislike for a car that isn't even yours. So with that what ever to both of you and good luck with your ventures, and no I am being serious not sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhatch03 View Post
    I do not think he is going to sell his car. I have no intentions on selling mine. haha.

i know what you were going for. Stitch, the crazy animal that eats everything. haha. by cleaning, i mean smoothing out the outer part of the dash, and not the entire lettering.
    Thank you for backing me up and I will smooth out the rough parts and make it look cleaner. Then I will post the finished product. I am not going to sell this car so who cares right, as long as I like it.

original

Why thank you sir, that is what I am going for. I think it is fun.

heres the deal...im not going to argue with you, im not going to tell you that what you did is stupid, you are being creative...but youre going to get my oppinion as a car designer and you are just going to deal with it cuz im not going to respond to you getting pissed off, im just going to ignore it and keep giving constructive feedback...

-the idea, creative, especially since it corresponds with (obviously) what you call your car and how you have personified it...really good job there i can tell there was some good creative thought behind it

-the giant gaping hole, i know its supposed to have a gauge in it, but you should do something asap like you were saying by putting a stitch in there, but id suggest finding a rubber grommet that covers it up for now instead.

-as for the "stitch" graphic...im just going to tell you straight up that it looks truely AWFUL, and its because it looks half assed and poorly planned, as well as the craft being dreadful...its not a challenge against your idea, but the craft needs to be improved...

im not trying to trash on you, but thats the the truth of the matter...this is something ive learned is that an idea can be one of the best things ever but if it isnt executed well then absolutely no one will take it seriously, you need to clean it up A LOT and make the "damage" look as deliberate as possible...that means CLEAN IT UP make all the hard edges even and sharp, the "graphic" needs to make someone looking at it understand what the purpose was and abstract that, people have an intuitive mental capability that allows them to fill things in...thats why i can draw a few lines on a piece of paper and people can tell exactly what im going for in a car design...

so if it were me, i would clean that up a lot, go in with filler like bondo and really smooth it out, then repaint the whole console piece, then use an airbrush to create a "burn" effect...

if i could put it any nicer i would, but i dont know how being in design, but i could be a lot worse...I KNOW you can make it a lot nicer, so remove the center console and spend some good time on it, you can drive the car without that piece there for a couple weeks if thats what it takes...if you get the craft just right, NO ONE can challenge you, all they could say is "its not for me"
    Last edited by RedSiBaron; 08-12-2008 at 11:20 AM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

that thing that look to good it ruins the dash

atleast you can buy the cf(fake) dash kit and no one will ever no you did it. It will cover up all the mistakes

RedSiBaron said what I was going to say only he said it better.

As for the style. That is a matter of taste. If you like it then go for it. But to be honest it looks like it was very pooly executed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information