Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Whenever you post anything on an open forum, you are bound to get responses you don't like. It's the internet, if you don't like what you are reading, simply skate on over to some Disney forum with the rest of the adults who sit around and discuss this "stitch" thing you are so in love with.

Quote Originally Posted by classiccelica View Post
    Yeah I am going to fix it. I have already started smoothing it out and wow it really does look a lot better. I bought some JB weld epoxy to fill in the gauges and inequalities and such. Thank you redsibaron for giving me the initiatve to fix what I originally thought wasn't really that bad. Oh and redsibaron is right you are never to old to be a disney freak, I married one. I will love disney till the day I die.
    HAHAHA im glad i helped, i did a rendering of what i was thinking, but i didnt have the time today to really make it look accurate so i didnt post anything...

...and i know how it is, my g/f is obsessed with disney...which has been fun, ive gotten to fall in love with a lot of movies from my childhood and realized why my parents could stand to watch them...realized though that there are a lot of disney movies i cant stand but those are mostly ones i never could stand in the first place...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

experiment 626 tagged up your car lol

not feelin' it, but props for going out on a limb and making something for your car.

at the end of the day, if you're satisfied with it, then that's all that matters.

Disney yayyyyy!!!

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    Well I am going with a different color and doing a burnt look around the letters as mr. redsibaron mentioned then when I finish it I will post it. So What else would look good to fill the letters in that will let the blue light through kind of how it is in the picture?

Maybe what you can take away from this thread is that it kick started you into working on improving upon your original idea almost immediately...

I think filling it in with glue gun, then sanding it down could be an interesting effect, but maybe you can try putting a backing of plexiglass, and roughing up the back of the plexi to give it a sandblasted look. It will also help defuse the light.

Another thing you can consider, if you're electrically inclined, is to wire up a few leds to create a "pulsing" look, as if Stitch had used his plasma gun to etch his name, and that it was still "glowing" from the heat.

Blue Punch Buggy! Loving the originality factor for real. Come on guys stop hating, the guys trying something different. Yeah some people are gonna hate it, and some people are gonna love it. Thats what our culture is all about, innovation. Props to you man!
    I'm even thinking of doing something like this now, once I name my baby (EP)

Well more power to ya man, keep me posted if nobody else cares.

Quote Originally Posted by macdady678 View Post
    Maybe what you can take away from this thread is that it kick started you into working on improving upon your original idea almost immediately...

I think filling it in with glue gun, then sanding it down could be an interesting effect, but maybe you can try putting a backing of plexiglass, and roughing up the back of the plexi to give it a sandblasted look. It will also help defuse the light.

Another thing you can consider, if you're electrically inclined, is to wire up a few leds to create a "pulsing" look, as if Stitch had used his plasma gun to etch his name, and that it was still "glowing" from the heat.
    Very very interresting idea I will look into that. Very cool, why thank you.

+1 for creativity!!!

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Honestly, the way you presented it didn't help the responses you received. Post up some pics whenever it's all done, the dash colors match, and that jagged hole is fixed/used. I feel like most of these opinions would be different after seeing a finished, well executed project.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    Whenever you post anything on an open forum, you are bound to get responses you don't like. It's the internet, if you don't like what you are reading, simply skate on over to some Disney forum with the rest of the adults who sit around and discuss this "stitch" thing you are so in love with.
    Alright, we get it. You don't approve.

my previous opinion still stands on either making a stencil and cutting out acrylic and popping the letters in there flush or filling it with clear epoxy.
    other options would be to get some acrylic on the back and spray it with that frosty window spray and put LEDS behind it to give it a more diffused glow, making the LEDS less noticeable.
    One other thing I could think of is to take the frosted acrylic and trace the outline of the letters and then purchase neon glow wire from autozone or something and outline the outer edges of the letters on the opposite side, creating even better lighting.

pop lockin khmer guy danielakatoxic's Avatar
    i give the OP props for taking the time and doing something HE wanted to do and something he thought would be neat and different.

to be honest i wouldnt do it just because its not my taste, but nonetheless its still a neat idea.

and this thread sure went straight to a flame fest... like right off the bat

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information