Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gah roaches!

you might as well take the interior out and then bomb it... i'm sure they are up inside the seats and then, up under the dash... i would suggest you doing that and have a pest control company come out and spray their "fog" that they typically use in walls of houses and whatnot... verminators on discovery ftw...

wowww your gonna have em in your house if u keep going in and out to your house, the eggs stick to cloths and in the grooves of the sneeker ........ good luck. Id honestly get an exteminator and gut some of the car before he gets there

forget everything i just said .... id honestly sell it cause theres probably eggs everywhere, in the seats/carpet ecu. a single female can have 50,000 to 100,000 roach eggs a year
    Last edited by abstract; 08-15-2008 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flipflopz View Post
    that is freaky.. could be worse right?? at least it isnt no damn rats!!
    i've scrapped cars that've had rats in them.......actually one didn't run becuase they ate the plug wires...new wires and i sold it for $800 i wanna say it was a 97 quest

it always amazes me the way some people treat thier cars.

take the dash out take the upholstery out interior panels then bomb it

Quote Originally Posted by abstract View Post
    wowww your gonna have em in your house if u keep going in and out to your house, the eggs stick to cloths and in the grooves of the sneeker ........ good luck. Id honestly get an exteminator and gut some of the car before he gets there

forget everything i just said .... id honestly sell it cause theres probably eggs everywhere, in the seats/carpet ecu. a single female can have 50,000 to 100,000 roach eggs a year
    *shivers* dude... gut and bomb the shit outta the car. i HATE roaches.

Are you going to sell it? if you cant get them out?

just vacuum the car real good and put roach traps. the one with the sticky floor, and the bait in the middle, and they will go away as long as you keep your car clean. where i live they are everywhere, so yea no problem for me ahha. but g/l

sell it. it aint worth it.

thanks for the afternoon entertainment tho.

light the car on fire

might not kill them all, but it will help

Quote Originally Posted by magmagik 1 View Post
    Are you going to sell it? if you cant get them out?
    i'm gonna sell it, after i get rid of them, eventually.

I did a test with Ortho home defense and a couple roaches i captured. It killed the roach within 3 seconds with direct contact, and within 10 seconds just being near a drop (roach on one side of a 12 inch wide plastic box, drop of ortho on the other). so i soaked the inside of the car, and the trunk, i ended up using the whole thing. its been marinating since saturday, and after fay is gone i will air it out.

This stuff is the shit.

I agree Ortho home defense is the sh*t I had ants in the house when I first got stationed at Stewart upstairs to make it worse this stuff has had us ant free for two years now.

you know that roaches could survive a nuclear bombing, so you have a lot of work on your hands...

OG Lurker
    that is pretty gross...if it was me, I would try to get rid of the car

I had a problem once with roaches in my EP3.

I moved in with my ladie's parents. Her parents house was infested very horribly with roaches. It got to the point where I would be at work and see one crawling down my pants.

So they migrated from the house, to my lunch box, and finally to my car. There were 3 in my car. I tried to kill them but one got away. Next day I used the same lunch box and got more. I stopped using the lunch box after three days and started using a grocery bag. They hitched a ride on that also.

In the end, I moved out of her parents house and eventually killed the last roach. No problems now. It wasn't infested to begin with, though.

I am no expert but I believe the problem lies in the cure...

The poisons only kill the adults. You need to clean out the car of the eggs.

In your case this probably means tearing out the interior panels and especially the trunk if they started there.

Then repeat bombings as new ones hatch. If you keep on it you eventually will get them, but if one egg survives probably in your dash you will get a new infestation of a smaller degree (since there is little food)

they will eat rubber, silicone, etc. i have seen it happen. they nibbled on my scuba mask at the zoo when I was a volunteer.

good luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information