Close

5 lug swap timeframe

How long did it take those that did a 5 lug swap to complete th project? just curious as to the time frame. I know there are tangibles that may effect the time but i want to get a decent idea. i do have the type S brakes so its a full swap.

as always info is appreciated

it would take about 1-2 whole day if you know what you are doing and have the right tools it would take you about 1 whole day

hey man!! it took me about a week after all the little issues with seized bolts on the rear hub assembly and getting axles out because one end was stuck in hte hub (took 2 extra weeks of lots of blaster each night to get it out) and that week included rebuilding rsx axles and the calipers and getting bearings pressed in the hubs new lower ball joints and waiting on the brembo rotors and goodridge lines, but those last 2 didnt hold anything up...just dont assume anything will come off easy...so make sure you can afford a week of problems

let me know if you have any questions and i can probably help you...do you still have my number from last summer??? prolly not...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    Remember to douse everything in penetrating oil to help with the disassembly.

5 hours + Beer/food/and Bull ishting!!!!

Good Crew:

Good Food:

Good Fun:

Sorry for the pics.......

oh come on, that's not fair...not everyone can summon a crew of minions to do work on their car like Chinese slave labor like you and Mary can...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    oh come on, that's not fair...not everyone can summon a crew of minions to do work on their car like Chinese slave labor like you and Mary can...
    Ephatch is a community.

with a stomach full of five guys, i can't accomplish anything but a nap....

pics are always welcome

i gave myself a week of it cus everytime i do something to my car, something goes wrong... riiiiiight at the end thanx for the feedback guys.

the dilemma is this:

i found out i was gonna be a daddy right after i got the brakes. so NOW im trying to decide if i should swap or sell... one guy already bailed on me so... im in the same situation. swap, then i would need new rims(and i happen to be VERY fond of me GOLD SPUN SUPERMESH )

we will see, my crew is going to consist of mostly myself, my buddy, and my brother here and there(he has 2 kids so his free times spoken for )

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    HAHAHA, my buddy will work for food, so im straight with that

hahahaha, good luck mang. If you do decide to do the swap, as long as you have someone there you should be able to get this done in one day.

Now, there is the matter of prep work. Deciding on whether or not to do alittle maintenance here and there.... Boots/Bushings/fluid/lines/pads/nutz/bolts....

Thread Information