Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rspjean View Post
    i have the same headlights (well i dont know if they are jdm or ukdm) and my cut off it terrible i want to do something like this as well but have no knowledge about this what so ever. would those tsx projectors match up without modification ? and what do u mean by color mod i always wanted the purple/pink hid's. i have blue at the moment.
    they fit with no problems. color modding is refering to the cut off line. usualy its is solid white...color mod will make the cut off line have more blue or pink or purple...depending on how many washers are used

regular cut-off

color modded cut-off.....this iswith 2 washers

those are oem 4300k bulbs in tsx projectors (thanks to my boy nino)

to get a pink color you will need 10,000 or 12,000k bulbs, wich ill be 100% for show purposed because you will have absolutly no light being put on the ground. so you better bring a flashlight in your car to point in front of you so you know where your going

and you probably have a horrible cut off becuase you put HIDs in to the halogen houseings. to get a real good cut off like that you need hid projectors such as the tsx ones
    Last edited by thisisagame24; 08-14-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Can you explain this Color modding that you did where do the washers go 2 for the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by icarus.na View Post
    so i still need to pair my headlights up to some d2s burners.

does anyone have any suggestions?

i'm lookin' at the philips 4300K and 6000K, but am willing to hear other thoughts.
    you mean bulbs. burners are another name for the ignitor. 4300k should be good. i do plan on switching mine up for some 6000k bulbs. i just can't cough up $200+ on philips ultinon bulbs right now.

i have the same headlights (well i dont know if they are jdm or ukdm) and my cut off it terrible i want to do something like this as well but have no knowledge about this what so ever. would those tsx projectors match up without modification ? and what do u mean by color mod i always wanted the purple/pink hid's. i have blue at the moment.
    you might as well duct tape black lights to your front bumper.

FYI: the higher the k(kelvin) you go which would be more color the less visible light you'd have.

Quote Originally Posted by D3xn2o View Post
    Can you explain this Color modding that you did where do the washers go 2 for the mod?
    2 #8 washers on each side of the bottom nipples of the projector.

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    boooo you beat me to it

here is another look at where the nipple is

i would go with phillips 4300k bulbs, if you want anything bluer go with the phillips ultinon
    phillips bulbs show 200-300 higher lumens over osram bulbs.
    on another note, if you want the pinky purpley thing you need to change the lense on your projectors and then mud the actual cut off shield, not just put in washers, that will hardly yield ideal results.

All that adding washers does is move the cut off shield out of focus, blurring the cut off and creating slightly more color.
    By increasing the depth of the cut offshield you can get a larger cut off which more color, You can also trim it down and use aluminum flashing for a razer sharp cut off line like the s2k projectors.

By adding depth to both ends of the cut off shield you can create light in both sides of the spectrum, much like nissan maxima projectors, this will give you pink purple blue orange yellow and a little bit of red.
    you can get any color its just a matter of knowing what you are doing, washers will work but its not very good.
    you can bondo aluminum flashing to the front and back of the cut off shield to get better color, just dont alter the height of the shield in anyway.

part iii

so when i last left off i just finished cleaning up the ballasts that i got from craigslist...i also picked up ignitors and bulbs with them...it was a good package deal that you just couldn't pass up...

what i didn't mention was that my friend actually picked these up for me from a kid up in the city (san francisco) and he didn't notice that the bulbs were two different ones...why this kid was riding around with two different bulbs is beyond me, but hey i didn't notice til' i got back home...

so now i have 1 philips d2r bulb (LEFT)...
    and 1 philips d2s bulb (RIGHT)...

BUT i wasn't gentle enough for them during the ride on the BART (bay area rapid transit)...

notice the d2s bulb's metal thingy is snapped...OUCH!

and a close up of the philips d2r bulb. notice the paint on the bulb. this acts as a glare shield to help aid in HID reflector housings...

so it sucks. the d2s bulb that would be ideal in my projector housing is broken and the d2r bulb is totally useless to me in my setup...anyone want a d2r? oh well, i was going to buy new bulbs from the beginning anyways.

at least the ignitors look good and i'll be able to use these in my retro.

so this is where i am at as of now.
    2 x headlights
    2 x tsx projectors
    2 x OEM honda/acura ballasts
    2 x ignitors

can someone tell me what the hell is this "black box" below the high beam socket? is it leveling motors?! do any lighting gurus have information on how i can hook these up to work if they are leveling motors?

next week i want to get my hands on some bulbs if possible and start making a harness...i've spent alot of money so far and i need to cut corners wherever i can.
    Last edited by icarus.na; 08-14-2008 at 09:41 PM.

nice. keep up the good work. this is by far the best mod on my hatch as of date.

wow i never knew pink lights were bad for lighting, which is the best for lighting blue? would tsx projectors be the best projectors to buy ? i have always heard talk about s2k projectors being the best but then again i know nothing about this stuff. i went to my garage and took a couple of pics of how bad my cut off is.

my lights

cheap hids. i just bought cheap ones cuz i dont know which are good so i dont want to invest serious money until im sure they are worth it.

front view with hids on

cut off

subscribe to this thread homie. i gotchu.

can someone tell me what the hell is this "black box" below the high beam socket? is it leveling motors?! do any lighting gurus have information on how i can hook these up to work if they are leveling motors?

yes those are the leveling motors. i don't have those on mine but i'm sure this will help...

http://www.speedstar-racing.com/stor...d35b270d469583

wow i never knew pink lights were bad for lighting, which is the best for lighting blue? would tsx projectors be the best projectors to buy ? i have always heard talk about s2k projectors being the best but then again i know nothing about this stuff. i went to my garage and took a couple of pics of how bad my cut off is.

my lights

cheap hids. i just bought cheap ones cuz i dont know which are good so i dont want to invest serious money until im sure they are worth it.

front view with hids on

cut off

rhd halogen cut-off

subscribe to this thread homie. i gotchu.
    straight. i was planing on seeing how yours turned out and going with that.

btw sorry for thread jacking lol

Shield comparison. TSX on the left and halogen RHD shield

wow i never knew pink lights were bad for lighting, which is the best for lighting blue? would tsx projectors be the best projectors to buy ? i have always heard talk about s2k projectors being the best but then again i know nothing about this stuff. i went to my garage and took a couple of pics of how bad my cut off is...

...cheap hids. i just bought cheap ones cuz i dont know which are good so i dont want to invest serious money until im sure they are worth it.
    yes you want to generally stick within 4300K-6000K.
    6000K is a good color temp for that blue-ish look.
    TSX projectors are a complete swap, no cutting, trimming, NOTHING!
    i think the s2k projectors are smaller than the TSX projectors...but someone correct me if i'm wrong please.

IMHO, i think your set-up looks great, but i do see where you could want a better cutoff.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information