Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    oh btw does it matter what year tsx projectors i get ?

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    i dont think so but i could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by rspjean View Post
    oh btw does it matter what year tsx projectors i get ?
    i'd shoot for 04-08...not too sure about the lens in the new 09 TSXs, i don't think alot of ppl are familiar with em yet.

Quote Originally Posted by icarus.na View Post
    i'd shoot for 04-08...not too sure about the lens in the new 09 TSXs, i don't think alot of ppl are familiar with em yet.
    aight

well im out of here guys thanks for all the info. i subscribed so keep the updates coming.

be eazy.

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    later d00d

Im back now... Ok i see what the washers do.... I have the DePo lights on my ep... TSX swap is same as the CTR as far as i kno... I'd like to kno if S2k Pros would bolt up to... And if anyone has some shots of these And I agree the washers do kinda blurr the cut off on the TSX pros regardless its not bad enough to complain about I WANT SOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!

I think if i go the swap Ima just do the projector and shield keep my H1 backing I think it will end up being cheaper for me but i might just give in and get the whole kit and drill thru the bottom and bolt up the stock ballists and ignitors

I dont kno what to do

oh yea and Sub'd this thread woohoo

Quote Originally Posted by D3xn2o View Post
    Im back now... Ok i see what the washers do.... I have the DePo lights on my ep... TSX swap is same as the CTR as far as i kno... I'd like to kno if S2k Pros would bolt up to... And if anyone has some shots of these And I agree the washers do kinda blurr the cut off on the TSX pros regardless its not bad enough to complain about I WANT SOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!

I think if i go the swap Ima just do the projector and shield keep my H1 backing I think it will end up being cheaper for me but i might just give in and get the whole kit and drill thru the bottom and bolt up the stock ballists and ignitors

I dont kno what to do

oh yea and Sub'd this thread woohoo
    D3 No S2000 will not bolt right up but you will cry when you hear the price for s2000 projectors($275~300 just for used projectors) and besides those bad boys come with enough color as it is. Color modding really destroys your width and intensity. Don't believe me, try it and find out for yourselves.

It is a fair amount of color but its the wrong way to do it.
    see when the cut off is at the exact focal point of the lense it is in perfect focus, so the line is very sharp, the cut off shield is never put in exact focus from the factory in HID projectors because it provides little to no color, what you are doing is putting it even further out, creating a more out of focus cut off, this is what makes it bigger because it blurs.
    You can get the same thickness but with more vivid color by increasing the thickness of the shield.
    If you had not put washers and had instead found a way to move the shield the other way from the lense your color would be on the other side of the spectrum and you would have gotten orangey or red light.
    The light spectrum goes: Red Orange Yellow Blue Indigo Violet
    In perfect focus its right between yellow and blue creating basically white light.
    You moved it past that and out of focus creating blue, if you added more washers it would have gotten even blurrier and purpler untill eventually you would have a very large but very dim violet cut off line.
    If you keep it in focus but build up the thickness you will get a crisp blue line in the middle with a yellow to orange with a tiny bit of red blurry line on the top and the same on the bottom but in indigo and violet.
    You can do it any way you want, but if you want maximum color like maxima lenses thats what you need to do.
    If you want Razor sharp blue cut off like the s2000 lenses you need to file down the exsisting cut off and put a thin piece of flashing on the lense side of the cut off shield with similiar shape.
    You can also make it flat if you do not want the flare on the end of the cut off line.

edit: clockworksi you have 2 different projectors shown in your post.
    The top and bottom projector is fine, it doesnt even look modded if you ask me. The middle 2 projectors are shameful, horribly out of focus, refractions all over the place. the reflector basin is throwing light all over the place because its not all aimed correctly anymore because of the distance.
    Last edited by v1c10us; 08-14-2008 at 11:29 PM.

and as moogen said right above me color modding with washers does affect your output and width, you can see a similiar comparison by moving the bulb slightly out of the reflector basin, it changed the focus of the optics similiarly to how adding washers to increase the distance from the lense to the basin does.
    Increasing or decreasing the actual size of the cutoffshield or moving it individually like is possible on some projectors does not affect the focal system of the projector so you are only affecting the cut off.

to answer the question on whether or not this would be a PnP affair with the s2k projectors, i say no...

Acura TSX Low Beam (Stanley):
    Diameter = 71.05mm
    Height = 85.30mm
    Width = 120.80mm
    Length = 156.45mm
    Length(seat of the lens to mounting holes) = 42.00mm
    Length(mounting holes to end of bulb) = 96.95mm
    Width(between top mounting holes) = 100.45mm
    Width(between bottom mounting holes) = 103.45mm
    Height(between mounting holes) = 41.50mm

Honda S2000 Low Beam (Koito):
    Diameter = 71.70mm
    Height = 105.60mm
    Width Trimmed = 113.50mm
    Length = 135.30mm
    Length(seat of the lens to mounting holes) = 41.40mm
    Length(mounting holes to end of bulb) = 93.90mm
    Mounting hole distances are not measured beacuse most people
    would make their own and cut-off stock high beam bracket, width is measured as trimmed.

this information was taken from hidplanet.com
    here's the link-
    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4394

DUUUUDE! wayne wants 200 bucks for it!

guess you got to pay to play...

where's ocelaris when you need him...?
    Depo could never replicate auto-leves for the price of thier projector headlights. GJ on the retro and honestly the tsx has enough color as it is stock. Different float for different boats but GJ to you for caring not to just throwing pnp into rhd projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by MOOGEN View Post
    D3 No S2000 will not bolt right up but you will cry when you hear the price for s2000 projectors($275~300 just for used projectors) and besides those bad boys come with enough color as it is. Color modding really destroys your width and intensity. Don't believe me, try it and find out for yourselves.
    aiight, well i'm thinkin' i shouldn't fuck with it now...

what's your set-up BTW?

aiight, well i'm thinkin' i shouldn't fuck with it now...

what's your set-up BTW?
    tsx (undmodded) matsushita gen-2 ballast and ignitors with e46 projector fogs modded with 5000k pnp h3. You won't regret not modding because the cutoff is oooh oooh ooh so sharp it could cut your fingers off. when your done have someone drive from down the road, you'll see the colors flicker.

here's a demo of how mine looks!

Quote Originally Posted by MOOGEN View Post
    I Wont Cry i have ways of getting stuff but yea if its alot of trouble to swap S2k pros then forget it ill stick to tsx pros

to answer the question on whether or not this would be a PnP affair with the s2k projectors, i say no...

Acura TSX Low Beam (Stanley):
    Diameter = 71.05mm
    Height = 85.30mm
    Width = 120.80mm
    Length = 156.45mm
    Length(seat of the lens to mounting holes) = 42.00mm
    Length(mounting holes to end of bulb) = 96.95mm
    Width(between top mounting holes) = 100.45mm
    Width(between bottom mounting holes) = 103.45mm
    Height(between mounting holes) = 41.50mm

Honda S2000 Low Beam (Koito):
    Diameter = 71.70mm
    Height = 105.60mm
    Width Trimmed = 113.50mm
    Length = 135.30mm
    Length(seat of the lens to mounting holes) = 41.40mm
    Length(mounting holes to end of bulb) = 93.90mm
    Mounting hole distances are not measured beacuse most people
    would make their own and cut-off stock high beam bracket, width is measured as trimmed.

this information was taken from hidplanet.com
    here's the link-
    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4394
    Great info.... BTW if anyone is looking for ocelaris He's on HID planet.... try him there

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    It is a fair amount of color but its the wrong way to do it.
    see when the cut off is at the exact focal point of the lense it is in perfect focus, so the line is very sharp, the cut off shield is never put in exact focus from the factory in HID projectors because it provides little to no color, what you are doing is putting it even further out, creating a more out of focus cut off, this is what makes it bigger because it blurs.
    You can get the same thickness but with more vivid color by increasing the thickness of the shield.
    If you had not put washers and had instead found a way to move the shield the other way from the lense your color would be on the other side of the spectrum and you would have gotten orangey or red light.
    The light spectrum goes: Red Orange Yellow Blue Indigo Violet
    In perfect focus its right between yellow and blue creating basically white light.
    You moved it past that and out of focus creating blue, if you added more washers it would have gotten even blurrier and purpler untill eventually you would have a very large but very dim violet cut off line.
    If you keep it in focus but build up the thickness you will get a crisp blue line in the middle with a yellow to orange with a tiny bit of red blurry line on the top and the same on the bottom but in indigo and violet.
    You can do it any way you want, but if you want maximum color like maxima lenses thats what you need to do.
    If you want Razor sharp blue cut off like the s2000 lenses you need to file down the exsisting cut off and put a thin piece of flashing on the lense side of the cut off shield with similiar shape.
    You can also make it flat if you do not want the flare on the end of the cut off line.

edit: clockworksi you have 2 different projectors shown in your post.
    The top and bottom projector is fine, it doesnt even look modded if you ask me. The middle 2 projectors are shameful, horribly out of focus, refractions all over the place. the reflector basin is throwing light all over the place because its not all aimed correctly anymore because of the distance.

What do you mean by flashing?

And I deff would love an orangish redish cut off... that would be awesome...

How would i go about doing this in detail

This thread is becoming very informative for Lighting I love it...

Thx for all the info... and

OFFICIALLY THREAD JACKED!!!

Sorry dude

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information