Close

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D3xn2o View Post

Those are pretty kool never seen them before....
    My HIDs came with D2S ballasts & bulbs...never knew this existed....till now.
    Last edited by blackyEP3; 09-01-2008 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    hey what'd you do with the projectors you took out of the headlights?
    i haven't even opened them up yet sir.

i need to collect all the parts so i can do it in one weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by D3xn2o View Post
    Cant let this die...

BUMP for updates
    i have no intentions on letting this die!

as soon as i have more progress done that's more update worthy i'll post. right now i still have to figure out my harness, what color temp/bulbs i want, leveling motors, etc.

I HAVE A LOOOONG way to go mang.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004ep3hatch View Post
    Well i do have the halogen lhd projectors with leveling motors and switch. I was one of the first to try these with bill back in the day. never looked back. Ive had 2 or 3 sets of tsx projectors to install but said to myself i like the way these look. i have a bigger flare for road signs so im not complaining.

The only thing i will complain about is not being able to get oem bulbs. but i have oem ballasts with ignitors built in thankfully. Or at least im under assumption they are oem for somebody. Not honda, i have hella gen 3 ballast adn they have lasted 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOOGEN View Post
    hella ballast are usually found in bmw's. Yes they are used as oem equipments. Yes, leveling motors are the shizznackle! But I didn't pay $100+ for my switch though.
    where'd you guys source your leveling motors? any help is appreciated.

the leveling motors came with the headlights but the switch is off of an euro focus. Yeah, it works but you gotta play around with the circuitry. I'll try to get you a pic of the switch.

i found a way to get power to the ballasts with these sockets i got from the guys in the repair shop at my work.

they're molex connectors and they're alot cheaper than the 30+ dollars each honda wants for the harness, when all i need are the pigtail connectors.

bump for an update coming soon.

bump because i just ordered philips d2s 85122+ bulbs.

still got more parts to source:
    -harness
    -low beam socket covers
    -butyl rubber sealant
    -NEW ballast gasket that goes between ballast and the bottom of the headlight (anyone have a OEM part number?)

more progress is being made and i haven't forgotten about this thread!

edit: OH AND LEVELING MOTORS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOOGEN View Post
    I'm not sure what year vehicle yours is but I go to autozone or pep boys to get my connector plugs for the civic's stock harness. If you know how to solder, it would make things a lot easier because you could just connect two leads onto the ballast by soldering them on.

I'm not sure which one is positive but you can always test with a 12v source such as your car battery or a battery charger. Testing them like this won't hurt the ballast at all because they have internal diodes to keep them from powering on. Let me know if I could help you further and sorry to steal your pic.
    go to acura and order the connector + pigtals.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmofyourhand View Post
    go to acura and order the connector + pigtals.
    He said that he already found an alternative.

Reading PWN's You!

nah not really. he probably stuck in some connectors to slide on. but they won't hold as good as the acura connectors.

pwnt!

key word "alternative" paul! PWNS U! LOL.

The polarities are as labled in the above picture if you have the ballast upside down with the connector facing you.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmofyourhand View Post
    nah not really. he probably stuck in some connectors to slide on. but they won't hold as good as the acura connectors.

pwnt!
    lol! yes, yes...reading the thread would have been beneficial, but like stated i found molex connectors that act like the acura pigtails.

and these WILL hold just as good as the acura connectors...i can literally twirl the ballast around by the wires and it is a solid connection, but the acura pigtails would be somewhat more "weatherproofed".

i will show you guys detailed pics when i update with lots and lots of pics.

still sourcing parts at the moment and my funds are depleting fast...fucking fast...=(

MOOGEN, can you take pics of your leveling motor switch from the focus? i would really like to see it 'cause i'm debating on just giving wayne two bills for the OEM switch...

thanks for reading my thread everyone!

mini-update II.V

mini-update iii.v

i don't wanna let this thread die, so here's a lil' update on my progress.
    if it's not too hot this weekend then imma pull the trigger and get this bitch done this weekend! let's hope for nice "productive" weather!

PLEASE EXCUSE THE IPHONE PICS! they're not the greatest, but i didn't have my work camera handy...

i got a package today!

it contained 9006/9005 harness from here:
    suvlights.com
    http://www.suvlights.com/product_inf...roducts_id=112

some zip-ties and relays. where's an ideal place to mount the relays to?

close-up...

now i need to know which is the 9006 low beam and which is 9005 high beam... i checked my car and it should be blue = high beam and white = low beam. SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG! i'm going to cut the white plug off and solder on a molex connector to power my ballasts.

remember how i wanted to get power to the ballast w/o soldering wire directly onto the wire prongs ghetto style?

i got these molex pigtails and AWG18 wires from the guys in the repair shop @ the place where i work...saved me ~$60-$70 from buying the OEM harness from honda. will i run into a problem soldering AWG18 to the AWG14 of the suvlights.com harness?

close-ups...

BAM! this pic is for the people who said it couldn't be done! snug as a bug in a rug doin' his favorite drug!

here's a pic of me holding the ballast up by the wires, suspending it in mid-air to show that these molex connectors are a solid connection. i can literally swing the ballast around in circles by the wires.

i'm waiting on parts to come from stoop (Ron) now...they should arrive later this week hopefully.

thanks in advance for any advice given and for taking a look!
    Last edited by icarus.na; 09-08-2008 at 09:54 PM.

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    thats a lot of red x's my friend

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information