Close

Seat threading torn

So, my driver's seat has a split in it. The cloth itself isn't damaged at all, but the threading is undone for about an inch on the base of the seat, where you butt goes, lol. Its between the suede and the center fabric. I'll post pics up tonight. Any suggestion on how I can fix this or atleast stop it from getting larger?

If I layed painter's tape on each side of the split and possible seeped in a littler super glue and help it together, would this help? Would it hold?

Any input would be appreciated.

pop lockin khmer guy danielakatoxic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skep18 View Post
    So, my driver's seat has a split in it. The cloth itself isn't damaged at all, but the threading is undone for about an inch on the base of the seat, where you butt goes, lol. Its between the suede and the center fabric. I'll post pics up tonight. Any suggestion on how I can fix this or atleast stop it from getting larger?

If I layed painter's tape on each side of the split and possible seeped in a littler super glue and help it together, would this help? Would it hold?

Any input would be appreciated.
    it will hold and might even turn out ok... but i doubt it. when super glue dries on cloth or any kind of fabric it sometimes leaves a white look and also is really hard. so if its on your ass area i dont think you want random hard fabric poking you.

Quote Originally Posted by danielakatoxic View Post
    it will hold and might even turn out ok... but i doubt it. when super glue dries on cloth or any kind of fabric it sometimes leaves a white look and also is really hard. so if its on your ass area i dont think you want random hard fabric poking you.
    Yea, and I thought about that too. That's why I was thinking about masking painter's tape on both sides of the gap so none of it would remain on the surface where you can see it. I just took come cell phone images of the spot. Maybe this will help make a bit more sense.

This is the part of the seat I'm talking about:

More specifically, this is the line of stitching that's come a bit undone. only about 1".

And finally, here's the actual seperation. I'm even pulling it apart so you can see, otherwise it's not even noticed. It's right next to my thumb. It's only about as wide as my thumb is.

I'm thinking if I tape off the surface, I can inject a bit of glue between the crack and hold things together without leaving that white residue on the seat.

More pics of actual ripping:

no one has any friendly suggestions or alternative routes?

Just get a needle and some black thread.

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$% View Post
    Just get a needle and some black thread.
    I thought about that, but the seat skin can't be removed can it? It's threaded into the cushion right?

Otherwise, if it can't be taken off, I don't think I could get down into that gap with a needle & thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skep18 View Post
    I thought about that, but the seat skin can't be removed can it? It's threaded into the cushion right?

Otherwise, if it can't be taken off, I don't think I could get down into that gap with a needle & thread.
    The cover can be removed, but I bet it's hard getting everything back together.

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$% View Post
    The cover can be removed, but I bet it's hard getting everything back together.
    Has anyone here removed the outter seat cloth before?

needle and thread will hold it real tight.

get back to you boyscout merit badge days.

one of my seat has the same problems

Thread Information