Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Watermarks still not gone!

I posted a thread about gettin rid of watermarks and im having no success! I washed it,used ice liquid clay bar, and mothers carnuba waxed it. It looks really good but from about 3 or 4 feet u can still see all the water marks all over it! What do i do? Please help!

try using real clay bar instead of that fake ice clay bar.

ephatch member
    ya use an actual clay bar and then use a light polish afterwards. it'll come off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    I posted a thread about gettin rid of watermarks and im having no success! I washed it,used ice liquid clay bar, and mothers carnuba waxed it. It looks really good but from about 3 or 4 feet u can still see all the water marks all over it! What do i do? Please help!
    that liquid clay bar isnt going to get rid of the water marks.a real clay bar might if u can actualy feel it in the paint the bar will probly help.i detail cars.usually a high speed buffer will work,depending on how bad it is usually tells u what kinda wax to use,most of the cars we get at work are really bad so we use synthetic,but 3m makes a swirlmark remover which that usualy works to,sometimes u dont need a buffer with that.that wax will also take some waterspots off windows with a super fine steel wool.

I would go with 3M Finesse it.

I've never tried it on a car, just my jet skis, but I use Vinegar to remove waterspots on them. Use the 3M first though as it pretty darn good for cleaning up minor paint defects.

mothers wheel polish i have this same problem but mine is extreme and it takes too long for me to sit there all day polishing them im gonna get it detailed

PPG Paint Refinsih! JDMtunerEP3's Avatar
    Bump For 3m Products!

They are by far the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jw1 View Post
    I would go with 3M Finesse it.

I've never tried it on a car, just my jet skis, but I use Vinegar to remove waterspots on them. Use the 3M first though as it pretty darn good for cleaning up minor paint defects.
    Dilute the vinegar a bit before you apply it to paint. It should work on the water spots unless they have been on there too long. If it still doesn't come out then you will need to polish the paint. 3m is a good brand to start with for local auto store stuff.

alright thanks guys.

A car I was working on today had horrible water spots, and the vinegar didn't help at all. I guess it is only good for light water etching and not for water spots that have been there for 3 months.

theres a product that takes off water spots, i think. it contain an acid u put on a towel, and u put the towwel on the body, let it sit for 5 min and the water marks shoul;d be gone. but if it dosent come off, then the clear been etched by acid rain. hope this helps =D

Also make sure you're doing this in the shade when the car is cool.

ephatch member
    I use this kit with really stubborn water spots if I'm not going to be doing a polish, just a "wash and wax."

http://www.autoint.com/autostore/pc/...&idproduct=225

It works pretty good, not like a polish, but better than nothing. I only use this if not doing the clay/polish step since claying will induce a bit of micro marring.

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    Damn I have had water spots on my car for a very very long time but can't get them off I have tried the fine cut by meguires and wax but still to no avail.

dilute some "lime-away" with water and the spots will wipe right off. IT WILL NOT HURT THE FINISH. I've used lime-away to take dried concrete off of cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information