Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    How much should I dilute the lime-away?

as last resort wet sanding and high speed buffing will do the job

Quote Originally Posted by classiccelica View Post
    How much should I dilute the lime-away?
    50/50 if that doesn't work, step it up. I've used it straight with no problems.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghatch69 View Post
    as last resort wet sanding and high speed buffing will do the job
    This should be done by only a experienced professional. Never wet sand without some serious research and practice before you start on your car, or anyone elses. It's very very very easy to F it up quickly.

I have a Toyota :( Type Stephen's Avatar
    Unless you had some severe acid rain... a day of proper washing, claybar (not the fake garbage), polish, and waxing, it should come out fine. I have a feeling you sealed in your water spots by putting wax over it. Lol. Gotta strip the wax, polish, then rewax.
    2005 Lotus Elise - Ardent Red
    Touring Package | Track Package

Well if you are talking to me I tried for the longest time before I ever waxed it to get the spots off but I have not tried that lime-away yet.

ephatch member
    I'd be very wary of Lime Away on any kind of paint. Look around online and see what peoples opinion is on it. I'm of the feeling of HELL NO! I'd say you need to do what was mentioned above. A proper wash, claybar (not that turtle wax liquid claybar, it's BS, and isn't even like the real thing), and a proper polish. If that doesn't work, see about a real detailer doing it, or there is another option. I highly recommend only a experienced detailer use this stuff. You can seriously hose something up if you don't know what you're doing.

http://www.fk1usa.com/decontamination.htm

广州本田
    Giving a car a good buff job usually does the job for me with watermarks. Also look online for good products like Zanio and all the other brands, sometimes the off the shelves products in store hardly does anything.

ephatch member
    Totally agree. OTC stuff is ok for weekly maint. but it's not good enough to do the corrections. Get some Megs Mirror Glaze line polishes (their pro line), it's not too expensive. Or you can go the pricier route and get Menzerna products which are top notch, but will put a dent in the ole wallet.

yeah I have the meguiors stuff but maybe I just didn't do it correctly. This was my first time doing any type of waxing. Anyone have good tips on proper waxing?

广州本田
    What kind do you have? Meguiors got all different kinds of stuff

ephatch member
    What he said!

You need a polish, and you'll need to do it by machine to get the water spots out. They can an will etch into the clear coat over time, and the only way to get rid of them is polishing, or wet sanding and polishing. But again wet sanding should only be carried out by a experienced person.

Cleaner wax isn't going to get it and neither is a light polish. You'll need something like Megs #95 or even #105 to get them out I bet.

Talk to a detailer...

He got advice from a detailer..... Me. I've detailed thousands of cars, thousands. Lime-away won't hurt your paint. Put some on a rag and wipe away the water spots. It's pretty simple. Ignore my post count, I was near 2,000 before the site crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    He got advice from a detailer..... Me. I've detailed thousands of cars, thousands. Lime-away won't hurt your paint. Put some on a rag and wipe away the water spots. It's pretty simple. Ignore my post count, I was near 2,000 before the site crashed.
    I will try this today and post results so everyone can see. I am not saying you are wrong or anything of the sort just so people can see if it will work like I need it to then there is proof for you my brotha.

compound and polish with a highspeed buffer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information