Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RON View Post
    Say what you will but I have always had unbelieveable luck with Rockfords. I have two old school ones just sitting around incase I need them!
    punch 45's? I agree with you as well I am not a big fan of Alpine either but I am also not really a big fan of the newer RF either. I personally am a Kicker fan but it wasnt mentioned in the list. Get the features you want in the amp, if you want the stackability go for it. if you dont really care then dont. Honestly in my opinion if you choose any modern day good quality amp your splitting hairs to hear any difference, yes if you have a trained ear you can but who really notices when going down the road at 70mph? Either amp would make a good choice.

I said it was preferrence!

And personnally; I am not a Alpine guy. The only thing about that PDX amp that I like is the stackable feature. But if it were my money I am buying the Rockford.

Say what you will but I have always had unbelieveable luck with Rockfords. I have two old school ones just sitting around incase I need them!
    I think his main isue is efficiency (lack of heat) and sheer size, the PDX is tiny for it's power output! I've never been a big alpine amplifier supporter but am still looking at the PDX5 to tuck away in the wifey mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    I think his main isue is efficiency (lack of heat) and sheer size, the PDX is tiny for it's power output! I've never been a big alpine amplifier supporter but am still looking at the PDX5 to tuck away in the wifey mobile.
    I hear you but I don't think heat is going to be that HUGE of a difference between these two to make that a deciding factor. I also know that those PDX's are small! Which for some people is a huge concern. For me... The difference in size isn't really that big of a deal... Amps are thin!

Quote Originally Posted by james04si View Post
    punch 45's? I agree with you as well I am not a big fan of Alpine either but I am also not really a big fan of the newer RF either. I personally am a Kicker fan but it wasnt mentioned in the list. Get the features you want in the amp, if you want the stackability go for it. if you dont really care then dont. Honestly in my opinion if you choose any modern day good quality amp your splitting hairs to hear any difference, yes if you have a trained ear you can but who really notices when going down the road at 70mph? Either amp would make a good choice.
    Just got back from buying a new (used) amp. Found it on craigslist... Punch 250a2! I think I just found my new sub amp! And yes; it has both side pieces! $50!

I dont see how some people dont like alpine, Iv been using there products for over 6 years and NEVER had any problems (knocks on wood)

Quote Originally Posted by 03Si757 View Post
    I dont see how some people dont like alpine, Iv been using there products for over 6 years and NEVER had any problems (knocks on wood)
    It is just preferrence! I am just not an Alpine fan... No different then I like Fords and not Chevy's! Just what I like!

It is just preferrence! I am just not an Alpine fan... No different then I like Fords and not Chevy's! Just what I like!
    Ya, I hear ya man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information