Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a2/a3

a2/a3

anbody put the a2rocker arm assembly into there a3 head yet!! let me know

waste of money just get a a2 swap

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    the a3 head doesn't have the lost motion assembly casting. you could lock the A2 rockers, but you'd only have the big lobes. if you tried to maintain both lobe functions, the valvetrain would beat the head to death without the lost motion assemblies. plus its cheaper to buy a complete head.

it is possible, its been done. You need to change all the rockers, pretty much a whole new valvetrain and all that crap, it would be more cost effective to get a whole head, BUT that would just waste even more money, theres a reason the K20a3 doesnt have real Vtec, even if you do put it on, you wont see any gains a k24a1 would.

so what you guys are saying there is no way to put a a2, or a z1 head on a a3 block? i dont really understand because arent they the same block?

Quote Originally Posted by moso View Post
    so what you guys are saying there is no way to put a a2, or a z1 head on a a3 block? i dont really understand because arent they the same block?
    No that's what they are saying to do instead of trying to fit the guts into the k20a3 head.

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$% View Post
    No that's what they are saying to do instead of trying to fit the guts into the k20a3 head.

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    Yes you can bolt an a2 or z1 or z3 head straight to our block but they also have a couple points of compression more than we do so we might see like half of the power those motors see with that head. We also have modifications we need to do to our motors in order to rev that high as well. May as well just save the pennies and get the full swap.

You can install a set of A2 cams and rockers into the A3 head with some modification. You will not get the same performance or drivability as doing a complete A2 head swap.

The A2 and A3 have basically the same size combustion chamber so you wouldnt really gain or loose any compression over what you have right now.

You will need Kpro to safely operate the engine.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

There's been a million threads like this post and pre EPHatch crash. It always comes down to the fact that it's best to save your money and buy a full A2. It's not safe, easy or cost effective to do what you're asking about.

If you want to get the most out of your A3 just boost it. K20A3 = great for boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post

If you want to get the most out of your A3 just boost it. K20A3 = great for boost.
    thats what im going to do because i really dont wanna spend about 5grand to get a stock z1 with 210hp when i can spend 5grand and have my a3 pushing about 280whp

tru tru i get what u guys are saying but in a couple years i bet this will be common or different breakthrews. lmao reminds me of wen i first herd of the ls vtec idea woaah way back in the day wehen had hair lmao. Everybody said dont rev b20 high lmao ive seen b20 stock bottom end bury 9g tachs lmao. if i come across an a2 head i will just get it worked and put it onto my a3. Just putting it out there maybe sombody will perfect this

Quote Originally Posted by holeshot1 View Post
    tru tru i get what u guys are saying but in a couple years i bet this will be common or different breakthrews. lmao reminds me of wen i first herd of the ls vtec idea woaah way back in the day wehen had hair lmao. Everybody said dont rev b20 high lmao ive seen b20 stock bottom end bury 9g tachs lmao. if i come across an a2 head i will just get it worked and put it onto my a3. Just putting it out there maybe sombody will perfect this
    once it is perfected thats what i will do lol

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moso View Post
    once it is perfected thats what i will do lol
    unless you know how to retro-cast the retainers for the lost motion assemblies into the head, its not gonna happen.

i dunno man inline pro did it and so did sombody on clubrsx he gained 30hp thats 2 people so far

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information