Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not an eptree but....

What I did today.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2368830

Alot of this could be applied to the eptree.

Thats some very detailed work. I'll probably look into doing the same when I get an alarm installed.

May wind Oct. rain
    Damn, I remember it took me 10 hours to do a 791V alarm install. I had to run a back up battery siren just like you, but I had trouble with the proximity sensors.

lemme just say this makes my alarm install look like a mess, half the shit isn't even hooked up, it chirps if i kick the tires or bang the windows and it unlocks shit..
    I donno how to hook it up to the lights, the remote start, anything, its a poopy alarm. I've got like 10 miles of unused wire thats not hooked up to anything.

There's like 12 hours between the first and last post, but there is about 6 total hours in the whole thing.

I had to stop and eat, take pics, post details, go into town and do some stuff, etc.

It's not difficult if it's planned out properly.

Good GOD!!!..... too many wires!!

Great job though, wish I could have the patients for it.

Very nice and detailed.

I was planning on getting an alarm installed but maybe I'll attempt to DIY.

When I got my car it had a cheapo alarm on it, it would arm and disarm itself randomly. My brother (who specializes in electronics) reached in and ripped it out for me. They never even took the time to hook up the starter kill. Basically a useless noise maker.

Your setup looks really nice. I get nervous around that much wire though.

Wow this inspires me to get mine working and all cleaned up. How did you wire all those sensors up like glass break,motion,tilt thats all I have left and wire my piezo's up too and the alarm install will be all done.

Update so I might have found my problem I will try what vegas said but on 12 volt they had a wiring diagram and it said something about a 2nd ignition wire which I didn't touch so maybe I'm not getting enough cranking power do you think it says its a black/red wire which I would have the acc wire connected too so I should connect my ign 2which Vegas you say is my 2nd acc which would be the pink/white wire on my alarm (damn I'm stupid but caught it in less then a day) to white/red this should fix it I hope other wise I'm really lost lol.
    Last edited by Canuck Civic; 08-21-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    on 12 volt they had a wiring diagram and it said something about a 2nd ignition wire which I didn't touch so maybe I'm not getting enough cranking power
    2nd ignition MUST be hooked up. The alarm gets power from the +12 line. The remote start ACTIVATES the ignition lines during start up. If the 2nd ignition is not activated, it will not start.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    do you think it says its a black/red wire which I would have the acc wire connected too so I should connect my ign 2which Vegas you say is my 2nd acc which would be the pink/white wire on my alarm to white/red this should fix it I hope other wise I'm really lost lol.
    I forgot to ask, but which alarm do you have?

It's a clifford matrix rsx 3.3 which I'm guessing is very similar to a viper 5701

would this be how I wire all my sensors up

Still need help because the guy doesn`t explain each wire assuming ones 12 volt and ones ground but what are the other 2 ones gotta be the trigger that would wire to the instant trigger input of the alarm which I have the battery backup and hatch trigger wired too.

Also in your post you use a relay for sirens and I have the same number of sirens as you. So pin 87 is 12 volt, pin 86 is it the siren output, is pin 85 ground I just got lost again trying to learn.

is a ecu and fuel pump kill wired much the same like a normally closed starter kill.

ex. starter kill
    Pin 87a-to key side of starter(wire going to front of car)
    pin 86-12 volt
    pin 85-ground when armed
    pin 30-car side of starter(wire going to the fuel pump)

Can pin 86 and 85 be swapped cause some wire it up like that and others swap those 2 wires.

Things in brackets would be for fuel pump kill, which doesn`t our immobilizer kill the fuel pump already anyways.
    Last edited by Canuck Civic; 08-22-2008 at 02:10 PM.

That's a lot of work. If my car ever gets stolen, it will probably just be towed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$% View Post
    That's a lot of work. If my car ever gets stolen, it will probably just be towed anyway.

That's a shitty attitude to have. You should just leave the keys in the ignition so you don't make life hard for thieves to take it then...

For everyone else who actually cares about keeping their cars, the DEI 507m tilt sensor VegaS10 uses will at least set the alarm off.

Hopefully at least one person who sees a tow truck with the car's alarm going off in the back will call the police...

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    what happens when you get towed legitimately? I mean, of course the alarm goes off and whatnot, but isnt that going to cause a huge problem for the tow company? Enough that they might do something drastic like damage the car to get the alarm to stop?

I dont have anything nearly this good, just the new lojack alarm system with cell phone paging. Its... okay, but it doesnt have all the sensors, just txt's or calls you when the car is moving without the ignition being on. I got towed this christmas bc of shitty parking sign wording and I got the call, but couldnt do anything about it. The guy had already left.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information