Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great info! I was planning on getting an alarm and this will definitely help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    would this be how I wire all my sensors up

Still need help because the guy doesn`t explain each wire assuming ones 12 volt and ones ground but what are the other 2 ones gotta be the trigger that would wire to the instant trigger input of the alarm which I have the battery backup and hatch trigger wired too.
    I did'nt use a single diode in my install.

I wired the doors to the green, and the trunk to blue. I used the piggyback harness that came with the glass break, plugged it to the brain and the other end to the shock sensor.

I tapped the blue tilt sensor and blue from the backup battery to the blue wire on the main harness.

If the tilt goes off, it shows as the hath being opened, but either way, the keypad and alarm goes off. The way I have it has yet to give me a false trigger or show an open trigger on disarm or arm.

Also in your post you use a relay for sirens and I have the same number of sirens as you.
    Without using a relay, the alarm can run 2 sirens safely. You may be able to skate by with 3, but in the long run, a $3 relay will preserve the life of the alarm.

To do add a relay to drive multiple sirens, wire it like this:

Pin 87 = +12 volts
    Pin 86 = brown siren from alarm
    Pin 85 = ground
    Pin 30 = multisiren output

Is a ecu and fuel pump kill wired much the same like a normally closed starter kill?
    Yes. But you had it wrong.

Pin 85 = Ground when armed
    Pin 86 = Ignition
    Pin 87a = Starter side of starter wire
    Pin 30 = Key side of starter wire

Things in brackets would be for fuel pump kill, which doesn`t our immobilizer kill the fuel pump already anyways?
    Yes it does, but it's best to just kill the whole ecu completely.

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$% View Post
    That's a lot of work. If my car ever gets stolen, it will probably just be towed anyway.
    I value my cars too much to just "give up"...

Quote Originally Posted by thechromecoyote View Post
    what happens when you get towed legitimately? I mean, of course the alarm goes off and whatnot, but isnt that going to cause a huge problem for the tow company? Enough that they might do something drastic like damage the car to get the alarm to stop?
    I've never had a car towed, I pay very strict attention to where I park. Not only that, but I am fortunate enough to work where I can see my car all day.

This alarm would not cause any problems for a tow company. But, It'd be a VERY VERY loud distraction for them...

You people act like I'm putting Gratis on my windshield.

I'm just being realistic.

sweet i never looked what i got with my glass break sensor I know I have the same one as you I'm gonna try and get my remote start working tomorrow and then clean the install all up.

So would it be best to leave the relay by the alarm and just run my wires from the under hood fuse box that go to the ecu and extend them all the way to the alarm where the relay is

Okay I was looking at your ep alarm install how do you wire up your sunroof relay and can you do one for the front windows or do you have to buy those window modules for the alarm.

Would it be best to leave the relay by the alarm and just run my wires from the under hood fuse box that go to the ecu and extend them all the way to the alarm where the relay is
    Yes. It is much cleaner when you do it like that. I did'nt do that for my ep3, but I did it for my grey hatch.

How do you wire up your sunroof relay and can you do one for the front windows or do you have to buy those window modules for the alarm.
    The sunroof is wired so I can vent it and close it. It does not slide, just pop up and down. To do windows, you need modules.

You're going to laugh at this, but I can't use MS Paint for shit, so, I may make a drawing of it, take a pic and post that. I feel like an idiot sometimes....lol.

Okay I have everything hooked up but nto a ecu kill how do I go about it like a starter kill. I know I use the wire at the underhood fuse and cut it in half, after that I extend the wires to the relay, but which end goes to which pin. Which is considered car side and key side of the ecu?

Also today I'm going to wire in a fuel pump rocker switch so even if in some way they defeat my alarm they will have to find my fuel pump switch.

Read the HT link again. Someone on there has asked the same exact questions and I ended up explaining the relays...pin by pin...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information