Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The pre-facelift EDM CTR's came with our seats with the Type-R insignia. Post-facelift EDM seats are the same except with red inserts.
    Last edited by SHG_EasyE; 03-23-2010 at 02:28 PM.

ephatch member
    Ehm.. old tread, but think i think did a write up on this one before the big crash? hm..

-Pre facelift seats.

-Facelift seats

-JDM

-30th annywarsaty(spell check, i give up) same as JDM , came in 2003 cars, in a cartain limitd amount which i dont remeber the exact figures for right know

-EDM Premier edtion

-the JDM facelift satin silver c-package came with the same seats as the EDM premier

Backseats are afaik the same on all models, however the premier came with head rest.(i think it was a option on all of the EDM cars, most afaik is sold without them) Which can be fittet to all of them, as the runners are in the seats, just needs to make a hole a put on the plastc stoppers thingys..

Im pretty sure our steering wheels arent made by MOMO as said somewhere in the thread.. its a different kind of leather..the leather on our steering wheels in my experience is cheap and tears and just falls apart and it has a different feel to it than the MOMO version.

Quote Originally Posted by showoff3civic View Post
    just pictures my freind... i doubt they ever fade
    yes they can fade over time..this is due to the sun

Quote Originally Posted by username011 View Post
    Im pretty sure our steering wheels arent made by MOMO as said somewhere in the thread.. its a different kind of leather..the leather on our steering wheels in my experience is cheap and tears and just falls apart and it has a different feel to it than the MOMO version.
    they are made by momo, just different materials used in the final products

^^^the man speeks da troof...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

and our belts by takata!!!

ephatch member
    my seats look pretty pink compared to to the red recaros :( and the need a gooooooood clean.. A snickers bar isent a instant win in a car..

Quote Originally Posted by aspect View Post
    and our belts by takata!!!
    oem suppliers ftw!!! haha
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

I dont see any actuall evidence of anything in our cars being from anywhere other than something Honda made up to rip us off..if it doesnt have a name on it..it isnt it.. tons of companys in the us have names in their cars..VW has Recaro plastered on A LOT of their cars seats...IMMMM pretty sure we got all the cheap stuff... we got the Si..not the type-r.

I dont see any actuall evidence of anything in our cars being from anywhere other than something Honda made up to rip us off..if it doesnt have a name on it..it isnt it.. tons of companys in the us have names in their cars..VW has Recaro plastered on A LOT of their cars seats...IMMMM pretty sure we got all the cheap stuff... we got the Si..not the type-r.
    no, its been confirmed by looking at the manufacturers tags on the seats and wheels and belts...this is what oem suppliers do...if a company doesnt want the price to go up, then they dont display the manufacturer name and logo on the outside of the component...this is how the world works, you pay for logos. all the steering wheels on subarus are momo wheels, they just dont put MOMO on the outside.
    my ep is white...

There are plenty of threads about being bitter cuz we could only buy the si from Honda. If your really upset either do what i did with the swap, buy a type s, or just deal with one of the best underdog car in history.

Something New.... mitchep3typer's Avatar
    There is a reason all ep3's were made in one place, So many of the materials should be the same. Open your drivers door and read the sticker. Manufactured by Honda of the UK. I personally do have the type r seat cover from the 02-03 ctr EDM, Fits perfect and yes our seats are recaro made material and same as steering wheel being momo. Even my car had the holes for the ep3 type r Vin plate. I would say these cars are the closest USA gets to a true ctr if done the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchep3typer View Post
    There is a reason all ep3's were made in one place, So many of the materials should be the same. Open your drivers door and read the sticker. Manufactured by Honda of the UK. I personally do have the type r seat cover from the 02-03 ctr EDM, Fits perfect and yes our seats are recaro made material and same as steering wheel being momo. Even my car had the holes for the ep3 type r Vin plate. I would say these cars are the closest USA gets to a true ctr if done the right way.
    to add to that, our rear hatches are the exact same as the ones on the type r, the only difference was the glass on them, if you open your hatch and look under the the sides of the hatch (behind the sides of the type r wing) you will see 2 skimmed over holes, thats where the type r wing bolts up, but our glass covers it...

pretty much the only difference with the USDM car versus every other ep3 is the mounts for the rear rebar and different...thats basically the only thing thats different that cant be bolted up (we also got a sunroof, whereas the ep3r had a different spot welded in roof, big woop)
    my ep is white...

the rare optional leather seats:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information