Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Two words-carbon fiber. All usdm seats are braced slightly differentin the but and back because of our laws for safety. It's really no difference except for placement. I'm pretty sure the itr and epr's seats weigh about 25-30 lbs less. I've been trying to get the facelifted ones for my ep for years. Mad dough and no one wants to ship from check republic or Armenia. Too expensive!

those leather seats are sex

yup.

I was wondering something the other day. I have an issue with headroom in my EP3...which is weird because im short...but i can feel my hair brushing the headliner sometimes and its driving me crazy. But when i look over at my passenger, even someone taller than me, they have miles of headroom.

Is this because of the floorpan or is this because of the seat tracks themselves? I understand why its like this, the passenger doesnt need see like the driver does so they put them lower for safety and i guess you could stretch it and say for handling as well.

What i want to know is if I could get the passenger side seat track from an EDM or JDM car and fit it to my drivers seat to get this lower position. Ive looked at aftermarket rails too, but i cant find any info regarding if they actually fit the stock seats where as these factory reverse passenger side ones im talking about would amost certainly fit...

thats assuming the hight difference is in the seat tracks and not in the floor pan itself. anyone have any ideas? im not looking to swap seats. i like the stock ones just fine. its just the hight.

yes the seats are made by recaro i change my stock seats to the edm prefacelift type r seats the difrence is that they say type r on the top and the black lehtter is more thick then the si seats the si seats rip out pretty fast i might sell the covers if some intrested cause am getting recaros

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    those leather seats are sex
    I would never have leather seats again. Leather is hot in the summer, and cold as hell in the winter. If I ever swap out the stock seats, I would go old school Bride gradients.

I have 02-03 Germany Type R covers in my car.

And far as I know I am the only one states side with them.

Last edited by STP03BlueSI; 11-26-2010 at 06:47 PM.

To revive a dead thread...

Has anyone installed the stock JDM Si seats into a USDM Si? I have an opportunity to get a set for a very reasonable price and want to make sure it's a straight-forward, no mods-required install. I saw the comment, above, about the bracing in the bottom and back being different...haven't decided if I should be concerned about that, yet, and any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

JDM SI? It would be Type-R or EP2 if it was JDM. Either way, they will bolt up with no issues, just need to transfer over your seat belts or make jumpers to bypass your SRS and pre-tentioner imputs.

Yeah, sorry, don't know the nomenclature of the international versions. The seats actually are advertised as 'JDM Civic SiR seats.' I wouldn't have known from the photos that they weren't USDM seats. Thanks for the info Jukka!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    ours are the same as some of the european type r seats not the jdm seats
    Agreed

so does anyone has the picture of the sticker that says made by recaro?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information