Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All red 04-05 tails

i want to redo my tails all red...but idk what kind of paint to use...had tinted 03's, but didnt like em...so now i wanna do my 04-05's all red...what kind of paint should i use? also, going to help my bro paint his corner lenses on his gst clipse...what kind of paint? wanna do his corners an amber color

I was going to do this on my 94 integ but got the Si instead. Buy Candy red paint ( I bought it from House of Kolors Shirmins Candy red) You also want to buy a clear coat as well as 2000grit sand paper (I think that's the grit). Hope this helps

use vans red tail paint. i just ordered mine the other day cause im also planning on spraying my 05 tails all red like the 02-03.

if anyone needs some 04's to paint ill sell mine for a good price

yeah, i was planning on doing it tomorrow..there is a local hobby shop tha i got the paint from to do my tails the first time...they will be closed tomorrow...so i dk what to do now

GLHF!

post pics when you're through!

i might have 2 cans of the red spray tint for sale since i decided to do the tinted tails....ill let you know in a couple of days, $20 takes both cans

ok, thanks man...ima go and check autozone, at wal fart today to see if i can find nething that mite work...someone told me that they did theirs with spray paint...just didlight coats of it? would that work? i dont think so, kuz u would still need to be able to see thro the paint for brakes, turn signals etc...

Quote Originally Posted by K2OH2SLOW View Post
    ok, thanks man...ima go and check autozone, at wal fart today to see if i can find nething that mite work...someone told me that they did theirs with spray paint...just didlight coats of it? would that work? i dont think so, kuz u would still need to be able to see thro the paint for brakes, turn signals etc...
    no, i did this like 4 years ago you need to go to a arts and crafts store and get some transparent paint

I used this:

Vans red tail paint (permanent w/built in clear)
    *Use 2 cans for a nice deep vibrant red, light coats in between sprays, mask of the reverse circles
    end result:

i have used the vans paint before. Really good product. All colors also (dark tint, yellow, and red)

Is there a DIY for this for people who are apprehensive about trying it(like me)?

i have not done a DIY but what i have done is:

clean the tailights good with rubbing alcohol.

if the tails are a bit dirty or old i would wetsand it (i forgot what size paper)

clean it

then spray accordingly about 1 foot away until desired look.

If you purchased brand new tails there is no need for wetsanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Myspacep3 View Post
    I used this:

Vans red tail paint (permanent w/built in clear)
    *Use 2 cans for a nice deep vibrant red, light coats in between sprays, mask of the reverse circles
    end result:
    damn, i love this pic...the color looks so good on the tails...what year are the tails? i really want to do this asap...where can i find the vans paint at? and about how much will it cost me?

damn, i love this pic...the color looks so good on the tails...what year are the tails? i really want to do this asap...where can i find the vans paint at? and about how much will it cost me?
    The tails/car are 2005.
    Racinglab.com sells the paint (their shop is 15 minutes away from my house)
    About $30 for a can i think but dont quote on me that. If you order from racinglab, ask for Vincent if you call and then say Jeremiah referred you and ask for a discount. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information