Close

For people who have removed their splash sheilds...

How did you guys do it? Just cut the flat part that sits around the caliper or did you guys actually dissasemble the hub and take it off that way? I was reading the Helms manuel and it looks like its part of the entire knuckle assembly? Sorry about this its my first brake install and I'm doing the rotors, pads, ss lines, and bleeding all for the first time I'm just trying to get it right. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRCivic03 View Post
    How did you guys do it? Just cut the flat part that sits around the caliper or did you guys actually dissasemble the hub and take it off that way? I was reading the Helms manuel and it looks like its part of the entire knuckle assembly? Sorry about this its my first brake install and I'm doing the rotors, pads, ss lines, and bleeding all for the first time I'm just trying to get it right. Thanks for the help.
    Are you sure your speaking about the splash shield? or the Dust shield?

It's attached to the knuckle with 3 (I think) small screws only, use a plier to get them lose and remove them.
    When the sheild is loose you might also need to cut off a small bit of it before you can bend and wiggle it away from the knuckle.

yea the helps manuel cause it a splash guard.

fonzeka- your right it attached with just three screws and a snap ring. After i unscrew it and remove it I dont need to reinstall it do I? People talk about cutting their splash guards, so i thought that ment cutting off the parts that blocked the caliper then reinstalling. Can I just reinstall the hub without the splash guard there at all?

Sure, I've been running without them for almost 2 years now.
    Works great and it also helps keeping the rotors cooler.

Thread Information