Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    AKA haloce300

Last supercharger questions

Well it's been months and soon I'll be getting my si back. For all of you who didn't see the post, it fell off a flat bed in May. Now to the point. I finally have enough money to spend on a supercharger! Don't flame me about Kpro, I'm starting with the street kit and the power card. The best price I can find is from modacar.com which is 2180, does anyone know a site who can beat it?

Also I'm looking for a boost gauge, oil gauge, and the double pod that fits on the steering column. Anyone have any recommendations for what kind of gauges I should get? I really wanted ones that would black out when the car is off, but I'd rather have ones that perform the best for a not to crazy price.

Now other then these things and probably the gatorback belt and the hondata intake manifold gasket, will I need anything else?

Also what size gatorback belt will i need for the street kit?
    (If any mods see this and the other one in the NE section, can you delete the on there, figured I'd get more help in the boost section.)

don't go with the street kit, trust me. Look on this fourm and you can find some deals.

Why wouldnt it be worth starting with the street kit and then just upgrading to a race pulley, injectors and Kpro later?
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

AKA haloce300
    Well I'm really only looking for a little extra power, and a lot of people have it sound like they enjoy the little extra power. I can always upgrade later. I'd get the race kit, but I really dont feel like having to go tune kpro. Also I like to buy new, used parts just isn't my thing, if thats what you might by looking around on here.

AKA haloce300
    Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    Why wouldnt it be worth starting with the street kit and then just upgrading to a race pulley, injectors and Kpro later?
    Exactly. Trust me I've been looking at the race kit, but it really comes down to, I'm not familiar with tuning.

I have a double a pillar gauge pod you can have, just pick it up

Glad to see your alive

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
    Exactly. Trust me I've been looking at the race kit, but it really comes down to, I'm not familiar with tuning.
    Kpro has a base map that you can load and it's still better then the powercard. It's like anything, do it right the first time so you don't have to do it later.

I havnt really looked at the JRsc very closely, what is involved in swapping the pulley over? Snagged one cheap, just have to go pick it up.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Banned
    running a getto race kit for 15,000 miles...........

getto race kit = street kit + 310cc injectors from a type-s, a 4 inch pulley and one step cooler plugs....you need to run the stock cat with this set though to keep the flow down and the ecu happy....I'm making 185-200 whp with no issues.

AKA haloce300
    well this is what my set up will look like:
    megan header
    high flow cat
    stock muffler
    jrsc-street with powercard
    injen SRI

how much power you think I'm looking at there? 170whp and 140ish tq?

I just wanna make sure I do this install right. Ordering oil and boost gauge, hondata IMG, and throttle body gasket. Is there anything else i def need?
    Last edited by Hoff; 08-24-2008 at 01:18 PM.

The oil gauge is going to be a waste of your time and money. Take everyones advice and just get Kpro right off the get go. If it requires you to wait another month or two, then just do it. Do it right the first time or don't do it at all...

I started with the street kit, don't waste your money like did. Six months later I updated to the race kit with kpro

2008 Mercedes C350
    there is a guy selling his race kit with kpro for 2500, you can't beat that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I havnt really looked at the JRsc very closely, what is involved in swapping the pulley over? Snagged one cheap, just have to go pick it up.
    what? are you going to run it

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    what? are you going to run it
    lol, that would be very nuts!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information