Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AKA haloce300

Last supercharger questions

Well it's been months and soon I'll be getting my si back. For all of you who didn't see the post, it fell off a flat bed in May. Now to the point. I finally have enough money to spend on a supercharger! Don't flame me about Kpro, I'm starting with the street kit and the power card. The best price I can find is from modacar.com which is 2180, does anyone know a site who can beat it?

Also I'm looking for a boost gauge, oil gauge, and the double pod that fits on the steering column. Anyone have any recommendations for what kind of gauges I should get? I really wanted ones that would black out when the car is off, but I'd rather have ones that perform the best for a not to crazy price.

Now other then these things and probably the gatorback belt and the hondata intake manifold gasket, will I need anything else?

Also what size gatorback belt will i need for the street kit?
    (If any mods see this and the other one in the NE section, can you delete the on there, figured I'd get more help in the boost section.)

don't go with the street kit, trust me. Look on this fourm and you can find some deals.

Why wouldnt it be worth starting with the street kit and then just upgrading to a race pulley, injectors and Kpro later?
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

AKA haloce300
    Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    Why wouldnt it be worth starting with the street kit and then just upgrading to a race pulley, injectors and Kpro later?
    Exactly. Trust me I've been looking at the race kit, but it really comes down to, I'm not familiar with tuning.

I have a double a pillar gauge pod you can have, just pick it up

Glad to see your alive

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
    Exactly. Trust me I've been looking at the race kit, but it really comes down to, I'm not familiar with tuning.
    Kpro has a base map that you can load and it's still better then the powercard. It's like anything, do it right the first time so you don't have to do it later.

I havnt really looked at the JRsc very closely, what is involved in swapping the pulley over? Snagged one cheap, just have to go pick it up.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

AKA haloce300
    Well I'm really only looking for a little extra power, and a lot of people have it sound like they enjoy the little extra power. I can always upgrade later. I'd get the race kit, but I really dont feel like having to go tune kpro. Also I like to buy new, used parts just isn't my thing, if thats what you might by looking around on here.

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=166410

use these for the gauge pods. also your 170ish whp on a street kit with a cat isnt looking so promising to tell you the truth. street kit is garbage. how about this. go turbo. does that have to do with what you are asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
    Well once again flamed about kpro...

I KNOW KPRO RUNS BETTER, BUT THAT'S NOT THE SETUP I'M GETTING!!!!!

Does anyone have comments that apply to what I'm saying?

since you asked not to get flammed about kpro. it will always happen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by illusionsoflife View Post
    http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=166410

use these for the gauge pods. also your 170ish whp on a street kit with a cat isnt looking so promising to tell you the truth. street kit is garbage. how about this. go turbo. does that have to do with what you are asking?
    turbos are nice for biult motors and show cars, blowers are for dd cars with stock motors.:tehehe:

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    turbos are nice for biult motors and show cars, blowers are for dd cars with stock motors.:tehehe:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    don't give me that look......esmith is the only person that I saw get any kind of life out of a turbo on a stock motor......

Well as best i can tell the only differences between the street and race kits (not including KPro) are the injectors, 4" pully, and the map relocation bracket... right? (Im in the hunt for an SC myself.)

I know you say your plan isnt to use KPro... and while it may not be the BEST tuning method for K engines... its bang for the buck is HARD to beat. If i didnt already have KPro, i would prolly start off with the street kit myself.

Scott's right though... if you (or your tuner for that fact... not all of them know how to tune) dont know what youre doin with KPro... its a REAL quick way to end up buying a new engine. Buy whats comfortable for you and your wallet.

AKA haloce300
    Exactly Mustclime. Seems like turbo cars just don't last. I just want a quicker dd and not have to worry about blowing my motor.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    don't give me that look......esmith is the only person that I saw get any kind of life out of a turbo on a stock motor......
    i was pushing 14psi on my a3 before the swap and my engine now is kinda stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information