Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There was a very good reason for this... And sorry for the thread jack
    Last edited by talonXracer; 08-24-2008 at 05:14 PM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

AKA haloce300
    Well once again flamed about kpro...

I KNOW KPRO RUNS BETTER, BUT THAT'S NOT THE SETUP I'M GETTING!!!!!

Does anyone have comments that apply to what I'm saying?

Banned
    <------thinks there is no way faster known to blow your motor than to have k-pro......

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=166410

use these for the gauge pods. also your 170ish whp on a street kit with a cat isnt looking so promising to tell you the truth. street kit is garbage. how about this. go turbo. does that have to do with what you are asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
    Well once again flamed about kpro...

I KNOW KPRO RUNS BETTER, BUT THAT'S NOT THE SETUP I'M GETTING!!!!!

Does anyone have comments that apply to what I'm saying?

since you asked not to get flammed about kpro. it will always happen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by illusionsoflife View Post
    http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=166410

use these for the gauge pods. also your 170ish whp on a street kit with a cat isnt looking so promising to tell you the truth. street kit is garbage. how about this. go turbo. does that have to do with what you are asking?
    turbos are nice for biult motors and show cars, blowers are for dd cars with stock motors.:tehehe:

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    turbos are nice for biult motors and show cars, blowers are for dd cars with stock motors.:tehehe:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    don't give me that look......esmith is the only person that I saw get any kind of life out of a turbo on a stock motor......

Well as best i can tell the only differences between the street and race kits (not including KPro) are the injectors, 4" pully, and the map relocation bracket... right? (Im in the hunt for an SC myself.)

I know you say your plan isnt to use KPro... and while it may not be the BEST tuning method for K engines... its bang for the buck is HARD to beat. If i didnt already have KPro, i would prolly start off with the street kit myself.

Scott's right though... if you (or your tuner for that fact... not all of them know how to tune) dont know what youre doin with KPro... its a REAL quick way to end up buying a new engine. Buy whats comfortable for you and your wallet.

AKA haloce300
    Exactly Mustclime. Seems like turbo cars just don't last. I just want a quicker dd and not have to worry about blowing my motor.

AKA haloce300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Well as best i can tell the only differences between the street and race kits (not including KPro) are the injectors, 4" pully, and the map relocation bracket... right? (Im in the hunt for an SC myself.)

I know you say your plan isnt to use KPro... and while it may not be the BEST tuning method for K engines... its bang for the buck is HARD to beat. If i didnt already have KPro, i would prolly start off with the street kit myself.

Scott's right though... if you (or your tuner for that fact... not all of them know how to tune) dont know what youre doin with KPro... its a REAL quick way to end up buying a new engine. Buy whats comfortable for you and your wallet.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. I really don't want to put my trust into some guy I don't know to rev the crap out of my car to tune it. Heard a few horror stories and I don't have the money for a new motor.

I still dont see why getting the street kit now and upgrading later to Kpro with a race pulley and injectors isnt viable. At least you have some additional added power that is reliable untill you decide to upgrade or sell the car.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

There is no reason why he can't. If that's the way you're comfortable doing it then go for it.

The upgrade when and if you decide to do it is retarded easy.

As to your questions I am no help at all. Sorry. I haven't shopped for that stuff in a long time now.

You mention an oil gauge. Oil pressure or oil temp?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. I really don't want to put my trust into some guy I don't know to rev the crap out of my car to tune it. Heard a few horror stories and I don't have the money for a new motor.
    First off i think if you really wanna go for the race kit and get tuned 600 for evans and he is awesome at tunning so no need to worry. he tuned my boys 600+whp 93 hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I still dont see why getting the street kit now and upgrading later to Kpro with a race pulley and injectors isnt viable. At least you have some additional added power that is reliable untill you decide to upgrade or sell the car.
    I think it makes sense to go with the street kit since a. he might not like the power or how the supercharger runs the car or b. he might feel like its sufficent for now and then wanna upgrade later. so i think you have a legit opinion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    It a great upgrade path imo....A street kit with bolt ons is about as fast as a more or less stock type-s but with tq.....The street kit makes the ep3 a much more fun car to drive....You won't be chasing down any street bikes but its a good mod imo.

AKA haloce300
    Oil Pressure Gauge.

And tomorrow I'll be calling showstoppers and a few other places looking for the best prices. I'm ready to make the dive. Can't wait to hear the whine!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information