Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    don't give me that look......esmith is the only person that I saw get any kind of life out of a turbo on a stock motor......
    i was pushing 14psi on my a3 before the swap and my engine now is kinda stock

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
    Oil Pressure Gauge.

And tomorrow I'll be calling showstoppers and a few other places looking for the best prices. I'm ready to make the dive. Can't wait to hear the whine!
    if crsx has it, its the best price

There's a guy selling a complete race kit with Kpro for $2500 on here. Why in the heck would you go any other route?

AKA haloce300
    Like I said earlier, I'll pass on anything used.

i think its perfectly fine what he is doing. i too am looking into for a SC for quite some time. if i were to get used id only get it locally. i think imight also go for the street kit and upgrade later on.

sorry to thread jack but what is the difference between the street and race kit?

kpro
    4" pulley
    injectors (dont know the size)
    map relocator

anything else?

Well it's been months and soon I'll be getting my si back. For all of you who didn't see the post, it fell off a flat bed in May. Now to the point. I finally have enough money to spend on a supercharger! Don't flame me about Kpro, I'm starting with the street kit and the power card. The best price I can find is from modacar.com which is 2180, does anyone know a site who can beat it?

Also I'm looking for a boost gauge, oil gauge, and the double pod that fits on the steering column. Anyone have any recommendations for what kind of gauges I should get? I really wanted ones that would black out when the car is off, but I'd rather have ones that perform the best for a not to crazy price.

Now other then these things and probably the gatorback belt and the hondata intake manifold gasket, will I need anything else?

Also what size gatorback belt will i need for the street kit?
    (If any mods see this and the other one in the NE section, can you delete the on there, figured I'd get more help in the boost section.)

youll need a 7 rib 63 in belt, it took me freaking 4 hours to find one called every autozone in the sac area and finally when i thought all hopw was lost and on my way home i see a kragen and decide to check it out for one last time and irritated as my friend and i were we checked and long and behold they had one hahah

also i do not recommend upgrading your pulleys without kpro as said by everyone here, i plan on ghetto rigging my sc to a race kit with upgraded pulleys injectors, etc. but i plan on getting kpro first, its worth its money
    Last edited by j0000stin; 08-24-2008 at 09:46 PM.

AKA haloce300
    After a very helpful PM I think I'm ordering the race kit with the reflash. It sounds like the reflash runs more efficient then the powercard. Any input? NO KRPO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jh604 View Post
    i think its perfectly fine what he is doing. i too am looking into for a SC for quite some time. if i were to get used id only get it locally. i think imight also go for the street kit and upgrade later on.

sorry to thread jack but what is the difference between the street and race kit?

kpro
    4" pulley
    injectors (dont know the size)
    map relocator

anything else?
    62.2 Belt and the injectors are 440cc.

I ran the race kit with my a3 and i only got 23mpg with the base map or the "reflash". I tuned it and an got 28mpg and then blew the motor and swaped in an a1 and turboed it. I got very bad mpg with the jrsc untuned. Just like what has been said, Tuning is key.

Banned
    After a very helpful PM I think I'm ordering the race kit with the reflash. It sounds like the reflash runs more efficient then the powercard. Any input? NO KRPO.
    The power cars does fine for what it is. Reflash does dumb up your ecu though and if you ever want to go back to stock, you fuct. :tehehe:

AKA haloce300
    Hmm never thought about that...what to do...

Hmm never thought about that...what to do...
    easy, spend the extra money and just get kpro. It's really is nice to have, I have done both the jrsc and turbo and if i did not have kpro i would have been in a world of hurt.

Why does a supercharged car need a boost guage?

AKA haloce300
    Well it's just a precaution I've read. Just to keep track of the boost and make sure there's no leaks or belt slippage.

Kpro was my first mod

as for the upgrading down the road. Its all fine and dandy. As soon as you bolt that bad boy on and take it for a drive you will come home and search for the rest of the stuff you need. You will want it fast.

I bought a EP race kit. But the pulley was a 4 inch pulley. Not a race pulley for a k20a block i was only seeing maybe 3-4 psi

I was embarrassed to drive a supercharged car that was so slow. I parked it and ordered a 3 inch pulley from pulleyboys and ran 9-10 psi, and would straight scoot.

Here is a video of mine i shot on a private runway near my town that my friend owns..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uEGjtyQ_Zh8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uEGjtyQ_Zh8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information