Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rear sway bar

ephatch member

rear sway bar

whats the best rear sway bar for my 02 ep3?

Banned
    more info needed.......what are your plans for the car and what is your budget?

JDM ITR, CTR, or Acura RSX type S.
    They will fit well, they look stock, and you'll feel the difference in the steering. And quite inexpensive. (You may need new endlinks too. Depending what you get, they can be just as expensive.)

Like Musty said, it really depends what you want. For me, I just want a less Understeer, I don't really need a lot of oversteer.

ephatch member
    right now its my daily driver, but i want to turn it into a car that is going to handle great. i just picked up a set of coilovers. now i was thinkin about getting an aftermarket rear sway bar. im not even sure how much they cost. could you give me a price of a good one, and a price of the best one?

Quote Originally Posted by 02ep3driver View Post
    right now its my daily driver, but i want to turn it into a car that is going to handle great. i just picked up a set of coilovers. now i was thinkin about getting an aftermarket rear sway bar. im not even sure how much they cost. could you give me a price of a good one, and a price of the best one?
    The coilovers are going to be different then the stock spring rates. (Perhaps measured in Pounds per Inch.) This is already going to affect how the car steers. After they are installed, then decide on a rear sway depending how much Under/Over steer you want.

The bars I mentioned are probably around $100 with bushings and shipping and endlinks could range from $60-$150 depending how well they are made. (made better, less rattle.) You could spend a lot more for a name brand rear sway, I'm sure around $250. (Which may come with endlinks.)

Also, You may want to take off the front sway instead of changing the rear bar. How stiff do you want the suspension to be?

ephatch member
    i want it to be real stiff. i think the coilovers i got are like a 10k in front and 12 in back or something like that. i have them on and i want my car to be stiffer so then what would you suggest? and where would i find it?

i want it to be real stiff. i think the coilovers i got are like a 10k in front and 12 in back or something like that. i have them on and i want my car to be stiffer so then what would you suggest? and where would i find it?
    Umm, once again, my suggestion is that you put the coilovers on first, THEN, decide on a rear sway.

A car set up like that is going to understeer even more than normal,

Stock EP3: Spring Rate: (248 Front/440 Rear)

What your saying your new coilovers will be like 558 front/670 rear.
    I would probably still go with an ITR or type S rear bar and ALSO remove the front.

FYI, Those springs are going to make a very stiff ride.

ephatch member
    i know that the ride is going to be stiff. the coilovers are already on my car. i like the ride. will the itr or type s sway bar create more oversteer? and where would i go about looking for one? thanks.

广州本田
    A stiff ride does NOT mean you will handle better. Yes, a larger sway in the rear will create more oversteer.

Stiff = poor handling over any thing but glass smooth roads.

How is the car handling now? Do you find it understeering to much? oversteering?

Tell us how you perceive the car handling now and we can give you better information on what may be tweaked in order for it to perform better for you.

ephatch member
    the ride now is alot better, with much less understeer with a little oversteer. i guess i misunderstood about the handling. i want to set up my car so that it will handle as good as it can.

i want to set up my car so that it will handle as good as it can.
    That means different things to different people.

go with the CTR or ITR 22mm rear sway.

the rsx-s DC5 21mm rear sway is easier to find though.

while you're at it upgrade the bushings and endlinks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew1d View Post
    That means different things to different people.
    Exactly!

you have to figure out what you want more of from where it is now...you are getting much less understeer and a little more oversteer? do you want even less understeer? and even more oversteer? once you figure it out, then we can better help you decide...

also, what "coilovers" are you on now? and what tires? and hows your alignment? these are all crucial aspects of the cars handling, and can also cause the results of any other handling mod to fluctuate.

广州本田
    If you have not done so, a good performance alignment will be a better start then the sway bar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information