Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rear sway bar

ephatch member
    i just put on D2 coilovers. im getting dunlop direzza tires put on tomorrow. my car is also getting aligned after the tires are put on. i want even less understeer than now. where would i find a ctr sway bar? or would there be a better option?

广州本田
    ASR 32mm swaybar, bye bye understeer.

Quote Originally Posted by 02ep3driver View Post
    i just put on D2 coilovers. im getting dunlop direzza tires put on tomorrow. my car is also getting aligned after the tires are put on. i want even less understeer than now. where would i find a ctr sway bar? or would there be a better option?
    the CTR 22mm could be a good choice, but i would first wait til you get the tires on and align the car. and try a slightly more aggressive alignment. Maybe like -1.5-2.0 in the front and -.5-1.0 in the rear if its a daily driven. if tracked maybe some more front neg camber and maybe a little toe out.

What is the purpose of the car? daily driven? ever auto-xed? ever tracked?

ephatch member
    right now its a daily driver. thats how its prolly going to stay, but i want to enter some autox events. i dont want a straight up track car but i dont want just a daily driver either.

ephatch member
    are you happy with how your car handles with that? and where did you pick that up?

Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post

Banned
    this thread is a fail in so many ways........

my honest opinion: read way more before you throw anymore money at your car. suspension is not like engine modding, parts dont equal performance.

are you happy with how your car handles with that? and where did you pick that up?
    That isnt his car, he just got a picture of it... dont be set on upgrading just anything or everything... as said numerous times in this thread, there is no such thing as a generally good or better suspension mod.... modding the suspension takes alot of testing and tuning on your own, not reading up on certain parts, but rather reading up on how different suspension variables can change different aspects of handling. My first suggestion is to head of to clubrsx and read alot of the stickies there and familiarize yourself with the chassis and suspension modding variables as much as possible. and you will realize you will get to a point where you wont have questions like "what is the best rear sway bar?" because questions like that have no answer.

I dont know much about the d2 coilovers or what kind of dampers they use or if there are even dyno graphs for them, but how much lower would you estimate your car is now from stock?

Also, as a test and tune, and to prevent wasted money, try taking off the front sway bar and see how it affects understeer/oversteer.... BUT FIRST, get those tires on, and align it aggressively and then see how it feels..

Musty, the thread isnt fail at all... he just needs to understand that there is no such thing as a better suspension mod, i guess we will know hes got it when he stops asking, lol
    Last edited by tallblondkid; 08-26-2008 at 11:47 AM.

广州本田
    oo god no way am i getting that is a bit too much.

If i could do it again id buy the cusco 25mm.
    I have the ctr sway, and its wayyy better than stock, but.... idk, i guess im just a go big or go home kinda guy.

my progress one is good enough for me when it comes to rear it is the 24mm not the 22 though and as far as front ima get the ctr sway but i am really confused on what coilovers to get for a aggressive street set up

Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post

Where's the muffler?

probably under axle lol

Quote Originally Posted by moso View Post
    my progress one is good enough for me when it comes to rear it is the 24mm not the 22 though and as far as front ima get the ctr sway but i am really confused on what coilovers to get for a aggressive street set up
    that 24 you have is adjustable, correct?

and i believe the CTR front sway is the same as our stock one. could be wrong tho

Quote Originally Posted by Drew1d View Post
    Where's the muffler?
    if you look in the picture its not connected since you see the exhaust flange

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information