Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Megan racing coilover install guide

Hi, Im looking for a megans racing coilover installation guide and guides to adjust the coilovers. does any one know any tricks or ways to accurately measure the drop and eveness with coilovers?

thanks in advance guys!
    Last edited by fatathaland; 10-25-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: thread title formatted

I dont have a DIY but I still have the instructions I could scan them I guess, as for an accurate drop I had mine on a lift and the up and down and up and down trick was used.

just remember to support the LCA or you'll pop the front axle out.. it's a common problem when lowering the ep.. and as far as accuracy, you just gotta count the coils and then hope it's even. but bet that there's gonna be a lot of lifting and dropping. just use a lift or hydraulic jacks..

Quote Originally Posted by ALep3 View Post
    I dont have a DIY but I still have the instructions I could scan them I guess, as for an accurate drop I had mine on a lift and the up and down and up and down trick was used.
    instructions are good its a start atleast. haha

Ok I am at work tonight but I will scan and ptthem tomorrow it is straight forward though. This was my first suspension swap and I had no issues.

How long did it take you to do this and what type of tools? Im trying to see if somehow I can do it myself or if I have to waste money and send it to a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by 403ep3 View Post
    How long did it take you to do this and what type of tools? Im trying to see if somehow I can do it myself or if I have to waste money and send it to a shop.
    it seems pretty straight forward. just remember to support the trailing arm so the axles dont pop out.

off topic...did you get yours yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jh604 View Post
    it seems pretty straight forward. just remember to support the trailing arm so the axles dont pop out.

off topic...did you get yours yet?
    I guess I will read up on it and save the hassle of wasting my own money heh. I ordered mine on the 22nd, I don't think its coming for another week.

ahh yes another local ep also ordered them so i think we are goign to install them ourselves. haha ill see if i can make a DIY for other peeps.

i didnt get tracking numbers yet =[

took me about 3 hours I'm sorry I havent posted the directions yet I've been busy it is easy if you take your time. My pass. axle popped out but went right back in bt I have heard horror stories of them taking hours to get back in. My sugestion to keep them in is too use zip ties to hold everything up.

sooo...anyone? i jsut received them so i plan to start soon. is there anything else i need? lube? special tools?

bump!!!

bump!!

anyone have this?

its never goign to happend...so i just did it myself and installed them already

Its super easy.. just a few bolts then its just measuring each cornner to make sure everything is even.

-Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information