Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation SETTING BOV and ISSUES!

Hey guys, how do I go about setting the screw on the on the top of the BOV? Looks like a Greddy rs knock off. Came with the rev hard kit. I got the revhard kit installed and I revved it up but I could not hear the BOV go off. How do you go about setting it? Also, it seemed like the car did not want to rev past 4,000 rpm's. I loaded on the Revhard 650cc base amp off of Kpro, and also put in that I have the 4 bar MAP sensor, but it still seems to kind of die off at the top end. I did this starting the car but have not actually driven it around yet. Got to fix a litle oil leak first. Oil return line off turbo. Please help!!!!!

10.80@138 mph
    Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Hey guys, how do I go about setting the screw on the on the top of the BOV? Looks like a Greddy rs knock off. Came with the rev hard kit. I got the revhard kit installed and I revved it up but I could not hear the BOV go off. How do you go about setting it? Also, it seemed like the car did not want to rev past 4,000 rpm's. I loaded on the Revhard 650cc base amp off of Kpro, and also put in that I have the 4 bar MAP sensor, but it still seems to kind of die off at the top end. I did this starting the car but have not actually driven it around yet. Got to fix a litle oil leak first. Oil return line off turbo. Please help!!!!!
    Do you have any check engine light codes? You will not build boost in neutral by just revving the engine. Also check where your rev limits are in kpro.

As far as adjusting the BOV ill copy and paste one of my previous posts:

Quote Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
    You can turn the screw/nut to the right and increase the tension. Do this several times with a test drive in between. If your BOV stops letting out the pressure, you have adjusted it too tight. You will then need to start adjusting soft again. You must keep playing with this adjustment until you get it just right.

continuing issues

no I do not have any check engine light codes, which is strange considering that I have the OBD2 enabled in Kpro. I had a check engine light before due to the emissions canister behind the gas tank. The car seems to cut out at about 4K rpm's. Does not do it all the time. Starts to build boost, then falls on its face. Like its getting fuel cut or something. Could this be due to the fact that I have both lean protection programs in Kpro enabled? I don't want to lean out the motor and kaboom ya know. Got to feel a little push today though when it did start to build boost

Did you chance the map sensor in kpro.

Are you getting blowback when you shift? It'll sound like fluttering. If you are then you need to soften the BOV. I believe you turn the nut to the left. There should be a sticker on the top that tells you which way to turn it. If you can't get the blowback to stop no matter how much you adjust the BOV then you need to check your vacuum source or try to try a known good bov.

10.80@138 mph
    no I do not have any check engine light codes, which is strange considering that I have the OBD2 enabled in Kpro. I had a check engine light before due to the emissions canister behind the gas tank. The car seems to cut out at about 4K rpm's. Does not do it all the time. Starts to build boost, then falls on its face. Like its getting fuel cut or something. Could this be due to the fact that I have both lean protection programs in Kpro enabled? I don't want to lean out the motor and kaboom ya know. Got to feel a little push today though when it did start to build boost
    Wait so you are driving it? Post ur kal and a datalog and we can tell you whats up.

Might sound dumb, but I did the same thing. Did you plug the sensor to your vtec solenoid back up? That was causing mine to cut out at 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by minivan_assassin View Post
    Did you chance the map sensor in kpro.

Are you getting blowback when you shift? It'll sound like fluttering. If you are then you need to soften the BOV. I believe you turn the nut to the left. There should be a sticker on the top that tells you which way to turn it. If you can't get the blowback to stop no matter how much you adjust the BOV then you need to check your vacuum source or try to try a known good bov.
    I did the map sensor right after I changed the map from stock si to rev hard 650 cc and uploaded the map. I don't have a laptop yet, all my tuning has been done by dragging the home pc into the lawn w/ a extension cord. yeah I know,right? I cannot datalog without a laptop. no sticker on top. It seems to be working though, I definately hear it blow off. Have to get on it kind of hard for it to do it though

thats kind of how mine is if i shift higher w/out really getting on it, it wont build up boost fast during lighter normal driving, like say a wrx(which has a tiny turbo) im thinking cause of the size of turbo and the engine, but if you shift earlier like say 2-2.5k and drive a little harder it will build up boost at a lower rpm so you can test it w/out going wot
    Last edited by makavelibranded; 08-26-2008 at 01:46 PM.

10.80@138 mph
    I did the map sensor right after I changed the map from stock si to rev hard 650 cc and uploaded the map. I don't have a laptop yet, all my tuning has been done by dragging the home pc into the lawn w/ a extension cord. yeah I know,right? I cannot datalog without a laptop. no sticker on top. It seems to be working though, I definately hear it blow off. Have to get on it kind of hard for it to do it though
    Please stop driving the car until you can take it to a reliable tuner or atleast datalog and adjust AF yourself!!!

Got er' tuned. 268 at the wheels at 8.5 psi. @6545rpm. Speed and Sound (Kpro tuners) works miracles. Talk about a fun car! I this car now.

lol that was quick

Glad you got everything fixed, man. How much tq?

ephatch member
    nice mine should be up and running tommorow. All I gotta do is put the subframe back up along with the front bumper. Yes I'm excited but a little worried about getting problems, (oil leaks, cant hear the bov, etc..). But David your posts of 268whp gives me hope. Please post pics and vids.

10.80@138 mph
    Got er' tuned. 268 at the wheels at 8.5 psi. @6545rpm. Speed and Sound (Kpro tuners) works miracles. Talk about a fun car! I this car now.
    Nice. Have you datalogged to verify af ratios are ok? Did they set a boost cut and/or lean cut?

Quote Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
    Nice. Have you datalogged to verify af ratios are ok? Did they set a boost cut and/or lean cut?
    Yes. They enabled both lean protections and set the A/F ratio to cut if below 12.5 at full load and 14.something at low load. Dude I know your car is faster but this PULLLLLLSS at about 4500 rpms to 6500. Have not datalogged yet. Need a laptop! Embarassed a new VW gti today. You can't tell my car is turbo'd by looking at it or hear it in first gear at all. Snuck up on him. I did have a question for you though, ca I view the Kpro settings and modify them without starting a new file? I want to add the Hondata boost solenoid and I do not want to erase my dyno settings when I upload the new settings. HELP!
    Last edited by sleepyEP3; 08-28-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information