Close

Banned

tranny? rebuild or buy new one.

I just was reading. And well i relized I got screwed outta 1000 bucks for a aftermarket warrenty. I was reading how its viod with any mod. even tire size and make.. I got alot. anyways i havent had 4th gear since like dec. and 3rd is starting to grind now to. would it be cheaper to rebuild my tranny or buy a new one.. I cant find any i looked the other month at junkyards and didn't find any, and theres none ever on craigslist i dunno what to do.
    Last edited by Tnhatch03; 08-25-2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: uncalled for remarks

first, i fixed your comment. not very nice and don't do it again please.

second, what were you quoted to fix the tranny?

third, it may be easier to swap another tranny and do a clutch/flywheel/lsd/final drive while you are in there. haha.

fourth, check the FS section here. k20a.org is also a good resource.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

how much is a rebuild??

Quote Originally Posted by BRAK54 View Post
    I just was reading. And well i relized I got screwed outta 1000 bucks for a aftermarket warrenty. I was reading how its viod with any mod. even tire size and make.. I got alot. anyways i havent had 4th gear since like dec. and 3rd is starting to grind now to. would it be cheaper to rebuild my tranny or buy a new one.. I cant find any i looked the other month at junkyards and didn't find any, and theres none ever on craigslist i dunno what to do.
    i had the same issue with my car. i wasn't able to shift into 4th and 3rd was grinding. i ordered the synchro set and my dad and i did the work ourselves.

the parts alone are a little less than $200.

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    odd question, but if you think its warranty work, have you tried to to get it covered? Or are you just assuming you will be rejected?

I have the honda care warranty myself, and the place I go to doesnt think twice about services regardless of the mods I have.

Thread Information